Jury Duty

nees1212

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I felt the same way until I was selected and served. It is really interesting and I enjoyed putting the bad guys away.

I'll second that. I dreaded being called the first time I was actually eligible. However, I actually enjoyed it. I just wanted it postponed this time around, not necessarily cancelled. I just have too much stress right now to add jury duty to it.

Im 45 and have voted in every election since I was old enough and have never been called. Im also a property owner....I was told some places call randomly bases on the property tax rolls! I wouldnt mind serving because I have always preached to my students that it is a civic responsibility....I should practice what I preach!!

Selected twice for district /circuit & once for federal. Got excused from the first district and from federal (though I really wish I had gotten to stick around for that one). This past time I sat on two juries - one civil case & one criminal case. I for one LOVED it. The trick (or so it seems) in the voire dire is to not talk too much. Attorneys don't like jurors to be too smart.

And I am here to tell you there are some dumb/incompetent lawyers out there.

I got called for jury duty once. It was fun. during voir dire of a panel I was drawn for, I answered that I knew the prosecutor, defense attorney, police officer, and defendant. I already knew all the facts of the case. The judge called me to the bench, told me to go on back to my office, and told the clerk not to call me for any more criminal trials. Easiest $12.50 I ever made.

It looks like I got out of it. :ylsuper:

Before anyone flames me about this, I'm moving at the end of the month. I didn't want the burden of not being able to schedule meetings with the lender, walk throughs, closing, etc with not knowing if I'd have to go to the courthouse. It's hard enough to schedule this around work, but add in jury duty and it would've been a nightmare. I just asked for a postponement to just get me through the move, but they excused me for now. There's 1 load off my shoulders.

I have only been summoned once and gave them a hardship story and got out of it. Seriously, I wouldnt mind doing my civic duty but since my job is straight commission its hard enough taking a family vacation without feeling like your losing money.

My manager told our team the other day he was summoned and didnt think he could get out of it. :dancingpa We were all high fiving in the office.

I was called for the first time on the 28th of last month. It was for county/state court. I sat in the jury pool until about 4 pm, then got sent home without being assigned. It wasn't that bad. They've got public WIFI, electrical hook-ups, and desks. I worked like I was back at the shop.