Yankees want Richie Sexson

Why?
Because he has the potential, to consistently drive the ball over the short LF fence. Not for his average but HR's and RBI's.

Even more importantly, so another AL team in the Division, doesn't get him.

You mean the 5 HR's and 12 RBI's, he has against a LHP.

By what he's hitting that's pretty decent...I guess killer was a little strong to say..:lol:

Also it's the reason the Yankees are considering him according to an article I read...Let me see if I can find it.

Joel Sherman of the New York Post..

The Yankee problems against lefty pitching are so dire that they will meet in the next day or so to determine whether to make a play for Richie Sexson, Hardball has learned.

The Yankees have a .729 OPS against southpaws this year, which ranks 7th in the American League. Sexson has a 1.045 OPS against lefties this year, but it's only been 70 plate appearances. He was nothing special against lefties in 2006-07. Peter Abraham offers his take on the idea of signing Sexson over at his blog.

By what he's hitting that's pretty decent...

Also it's the reason the Yankees are considering him according to an article I read...Let me see if I can find it.

He's struggling this year, with the offensive numbers.

He is so tall and lanky, he struggles to cover his own K zone, in my opinion. The Yankees don't want another Division team grabbing him and hurting them in a game/series.