Mason County Buchanan Representing KY at NFL Youth Summit

mcpapa

Mason County High School head football coach David Buchanan has been chosen to attend this year's National Football League Youth Football Summit in Canton, Ohio, which is held as part of the festivities leading up to the Hall of Fame induction ceremonies...

Buchanan

The kind words are appreciated. In football, individual recognition is a reflection of TEAM success and efforts. This event worked out because of the dedication and work of assistant coaches and players, as well as family, community and adminstrative support. That is one of the reasons football is a great game and I love it. WE do it together. That is a great way to live life and it seems to be more fun when people are successful together. It is more rewarding to me because it takes special people and an extraordinary effort to put the group ahead of yourself. It is not natural to put others ahead of yourself but to be your best in football, you have to do it.

The irony is fantastic-

Put yourself first, the team suffers, you suffer.

Put the team first, the team does better, you enjoy success and sometimes individual recognition.

But, that is what successful football teams do- that is why those are the kinds of people that are great to be around.

Those life lessons and because football is a FUN and GREAT game are why I hope my sons play- not to get a college scholarship. I am jealous of these kids that still get to play. What's that they say about youth is wasted on the young? :laugh: