Eminence Coaching Vacancy

Eminence always seems to struggle in basketball, but annually fields pretty good small-school football teams. Why is that? I'm not saying the Warriors should win the 8th region, but why do they struggle to compete in the All "A"? I know it's a numbers issue, but if you can get 8 to 11 for football, why not 5 for basketball?

Since Coach Nethery arrived at Gallatin he has been in a winning environment. Hopefully he can instill a winning attitude into the Warrior program. His next order of business is to make sure the Shasta supply never runs dry!

shasta.jpg

That's the best thing I've heard in a while!!!:laugh::laugh:

• 3 months later...

Coach Blackburn left Eminence because of a conflict with the principal, who is also the head Football coach. This in itself is a conflict of interest. The basketball program has to work around the football program, which is the main priority . Good luck to Chris Netherly because he is going to need it to deal with the administration!

That's a shame (the conflict), because both men are quality individuals... when I began broadcasting 8th Region games in the 70s, Eminence was one of the powers. Anyone remember the Sleets brothers, Vance Blades, Gino Kirshner (sp?), and others?

The classic double OT loss to Oldham County in the 8th Region SF in 1977 was one of the best basketball games I've ever witnessed in 30 years of covering KY HS basketball...