Anyone watch Friday Night Lights (TV Series)?

MJAlltheWay24

I tell you what, I haven't watched one epidsode on the television, but I have watch the whole first two series online once and I am going through it again right now. I really do thoroughly enjoy this show. And I know people will say "It's not realistic"...but true, but the events that happen in this show happen all the time, just not at the same high school.

Just wonder if anyone else enjoy this show...cause I am a big fan.

Love the show... One of my top 3 for sure.

Riggins is my favorite... Easily the most complex character. He can be a total jerk one episode and the nicest guy ever in the next, but it never seems like it's not REALLY him...

I have DISH so unless I watch online, I won't be able to catch new episodes until January. That's kind of a bummer.

My husband and I watch this show alot. He lived in Odessa, TX in the early 80's when the stadium was being built. He says the show is pretty true. The whole town shut down on Friday and the lights of the stadium lit up the surrounding desert.

Watched every episode.

Me too. It's easily my favorite show. I just didn't like when they had it on friday nights because I am rarely home at that time on fridays, always had to record it. Riggins is my favorite character as well. Anyone know when the new season will start?

Riggins is by far and also my favorite character. He just seems so real...the way someone should be. He may be a jerk at times, but at least you kinda know what you are going to get out of him. Hard shell, but he has a good heart when he wants to show it.

And I saw that it wasn't coming out until sometime in 2009. But you can watch the episodes of the first two seasons on NBC.com. However, for some reason the don't have all the second seasons...just half I think.

My wife and I are avid watchers, hopefully they keep it on the air. It's just been in way too many time slots, and Friday night is not a good night for prime time viewing. My favorite is Riggins and Lance.

Me too. It's easily my favorite show. I just didn't like when they had it on friday nights because I am rarely home at that time on fridays, always had to record it. Riggins is my favorite character as well. Anyone know when the new season will start?

New season starts this fall, however there is a twist. The episodes will only be shown on Direct TV, they are essentially paying for the show to have a third season.

Once all the episodes air on Direct TV, they will show all the episodes on NBC starting in January or February of 2009.

At least, that's the story I heard.

Season 2 is shorter than Season 1 because of the writers strike, they were only able to finish a certain number of episodes.

Man, this is such a good show. But I have a question...

Matt, Smash, Riggins and all them were juniors the first season, seniors in the second season...Are they gonna be out of the show in the third? I sure hope not. I would still watch it, but it wouldn't be the same without my boy Riggins.

Found this article on cast changes, could be more, but this is a start:

Sources confirm to me exclusively that two of the show's MVPs, Gaius Charles (Smash) and Scott Porter (Jason), have been taken off contract and will only appear on a recurring basis in Season 3.

In a just-released statement, exec producer Jason Katims says, "Pete Berg, myself and our fellow producers have enormous respect for Scott and Gaius both as actors and individuals. In short, we love them. However, both of their characters have now graduated and in the creative spirit of the show, we have decided to give them powerful four episode arcs that will observe their characters as they launch themselves into the next phase of their lives. We certainly will keep the door open for both actors to return in the future, depending on the actors' availabilities. We know both Scott and Gaius will go on to have enormous success and we wish the best for both of them."

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2008/07/exclusive-frida.html