Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Stacy Andrews #1?

Featured Replies

1. Stacy Andrews, T, Cincinnati Bengals: The Bengals did the wise thing and designated Andrews their franchise player after the 2007 season. He went into that season as a backup, but injuries gave him 13 starts. He now goes into this season listed as the starting right tackle, ahead of 13-year veteran Willie Anderson. By season's end, he just might be the best right tackle in the AFC.

30. Domata Peko, DT, Cincinnati Bengals: He has been a quality starter the past two seasons. For that, the Bengals rewarded him with a long-term deal. Peko plays hard and he's very good against the run.

LINK

I'm surprised to say the least. Like the article said, it would sound better if he was a left tackle, but he is a quality lineman, and anyone who knows much about football knows that the linemen are the keys to victory. I love hearing about linemen getting the attention they deserve.

Andrews is a beast. He's eventually going to be one of the top lineman in the league, whatever position it ends up being.

 

I read an opponent's take on Andrews in a magazine and they suggested that he had the skill set to become a dominating DT in the league and wondered why Cincy hadn't taken a look at him in that position. I thought that was interesting, although I'd leave him on O-line...gotta protect the franchise (CP).

1. Stacy Andrews, T, Cincinnati Bengals: The Bengals did the wise thing and designated Andrews their franchise player after the 2007 season. He went into that season as a backup, but injuries gave him 13 starts. He now goes into this season listed as the starting right tackle, ahead of 13-year veteran Willie Anderson. By season's end, he just might be the best right tackle in the AFC.

30. Domata Peko, DT, Cincinnati Bengals: He has been a quality starter the past two seasons. For that, the Bengals rewarded him with a long-term deal. Peko plays hard and he's very good against the run.

LINK

 

I enjoy watching Peko, he has a great motor!

Andrews is a beast. He's eventually going to be one of the top lineman in the league, whatever position it ends up being.

 

I read an opponent's take on Andrews in a magazine and they suggested that he had the skill set to become a dominating DT in the league and wondered why Cincy hadn't taken a look at him in that position. I thought that was interesting, although I'd leave him on O-line...gotta protect the franchise (CP).

 

From all accounts, he is very athletic, years of track and field must have really helped him.

Key to Andrews is they have to sign him long term. If he walks at the end of the season they wasted the franchise tag. Again

Key to Andrews is they have to sign him long term. If he walks at the end of the season they wasted the franchise tag. Again

 

They'll keep tagging him. There's no way they let him walk.

Good point 5 wide, it would be to his advantage to sign long term if the money is right. Most don't want a one year deal.

They'll keep tagging him. There's no way they let him walk.

 

I'm not familiar with the tag and the rules with it. Can you keep tagging the same guy year after year, even if he doesn't want to stay?

You can designate one guy to tag as "franchise", and you can continually do this. The kicker is you have to pay that player the average of the top 5 at his position, but it's only a one year deal. I believe Walter Jones from Seattle was tagged 2 or 3 years in a row, for the player it's good because you get a nice chunk of change, but not as lucrative since with a longer deal you can usually get more upfront money from the signing bonus.

I read somewhere that he was not planning to sign a deal and test the market next offseason.

You can designate one guy to tag as "franchise", and you can continually do this. The kicker is you have to pay that player the average of the top 5 at his position, but it's only a one year deal. I believe Walter Jones from Seattle was tagged 2 or 3 years in a row, for the player it's good because you get a nice chunk of change, but not as lucrative since with a longer deal you can usually get more upfront money from the signing bonus.

 

I'd say it's bad for the player if they don't like the team they are on.

I'm not familiar with the tag and the rules with it. Can you keep tagging the same guy year after year, even if he doesn't want to stay?

 

I'm pretty sure you can tag a guy 1 year then you must either sign them to a contract or they become a free agent.

I'm pretty sure you can tag a guy 1 year then you must either sign them to a contract or they become a free agent.

 

So they can't stop him from walking the following year?

Key to Andrews is they have to sign him long term. If he walks at the end of the season they wasted the franchise tag. Again

 

It'd be a good idea to brush up on what the franchise tag entails before you say that the Bengals would be wasting the tag. But then again, who wants to let the facts interfere with opinions?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.