Does Obama Really Support Your Second Amendment Right?

Where doe's Obama really stand on gun rights?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Where doe's Obama really stand on gun rights?

• I believe he supports my gun rights.
    • I believe he’s an outright liar when it comes to the 2nd Amendment.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And there are already restrictions in place, more are not needed.

How do you feel about the positions of Obama that I posted?

I wouldn't agree with the statement that more are not needed. I think there are things that could be changed. I do not think handguns should be banned but some people should be banned from owning hand guns.

Not true at all. Supporting the 2nd A doesn't mean that I have to do so with the provision that there are no restrictions, no limits.

We have the right to free speech, but there are limits, and there are responsibilities.

I don't support gun ownership without requirements such as saftey training and ownership responsibility education.

I wouldn't agree with the statement that more are not needed. I think there are things that could be changed. I do not think handguns should be banned but some people should be banned from owning hand guns.

:thumb:

(Although it'd still be very easy for those who want to get handguns to get them, no matter how many restrictions are in place).

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the 2nd amendment... it's what would keep other nations from getting into a landwar with the USA. If someone manages to bypass our military, and you've got a bunch of ticked off guntoters to deal with (and this time, it's PERSONAL).

But this thread is simply another attempt from RTS to start fires with Barack brand matches. Honestly, even if he wanted to amend the 2nd amendment, there's no way it would happen.

(Although it'd still be very easy for those who want to get handguns to get them, no matter how many restrictions are in place).

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the 2nd amendment... it's what would keep other nations from getting into a landwar with the USA. If someone manages to bypass our military, and you've got a bunch of ticked off guntoters to deal with (and this time, it's PERSONAL).

But this thread is simply another attempt from RTS to start fires with Barack brand matches. Honestly, even if he wanted to amend the 2nd amendment, there's no way it would happen.

The Second Amendment does not need to be amended to achieve Obama's goals. There are already four liberal United States Supreme Court justices ready to allow cities to ban guns.

If Obama is elected, then he will probably be appointing two liberal judges to replace Justices Ginsburg and Stevens. If Justice Kennedy or any of the four conservative justices die or retire, Obama will be able to fundamentally change the makeup of the court with his third appointment to the court.

The individual right to bear arms along with other constitutional rights will be in peril again if that happens.

If Obama supports the Second Amendment, then he has a funny way of showing that support.

The Second Amendment does not need to be amended to achieve Obama's goals. There are already four liberal United States Supreme Court justices ready to allow cities to ban guns.

If Obama is elected, then he will probably be appointing two liberal judges to replace Justices Ginsburg and Stevens. If Justice Kennedy or any of the four conservative justices die or retire, Obama will be able to fundamentally change the makeup of the court with his third appointment to the court.

The individual right to bear arms along with other constitutional rights will be in peril again if that happens.

If Obama supports the Second Amendment, then he has a funny way of showing that support.

Even if things are set up to potentially put the 2nd amendment in danger, I don't think anyone in the position of said power would be stupid enough to actually do that much about it. Maybe a little bit... enough to make some people mad, but in the grand scheme of things there won't be enough restrictions to keep one from owning a firearm for protection.

No, this thread is RTS pointing out the TRUTH about Obama and his real stance on guns. I merely posted facts about them, dispute them if you can.

Even if things are set up to potentially put the 2nd amendment in danger, I don't think anyone in the position of said power would be stupid enough to actually do that much about it. Maybe a little bit... enough to make some people mad, but in the grand scheme of things there won't be enough restrictions to keep one from owning a firearm for protection.
Really? You mean like the gun ban in D.C. that was in place for decades? The same ban that 4 liberal justices voted in favor of? Somehow I think you're underestimating what could happen.

I feel like there are plenty on the books now, just enforce the ones we already have.

What changes would you like to see?

No, this thread is RTS pointing out the TRUTH about Obama and his real stance on guns. I merely posted facts about them, dispute them if you can.

I don't really care to dispute them. I don't know who I'm going to vote for this election, or even if I'll vote at all. And maybe I do underestimate what could happen, but I think you guys are overreacting to a lot of these things. As I've stated before, I'm a general supporter of the 2nd amendment. But I don't even own a gun yet. And I don't think it should be as simple as buying a movie. I don't drive around after my paycheck and think "hey, I'm in the mood for a little Desert Eagle action today, I think I'll stop by a gun store - after all, there's three on the way home." The people that DO think it should be easy as that... well, it wouldn't bother me if they had a slightly harder time getting their fix.

Question, if the gun ban drastically reduced the number of violent crimes, how can one logically argue that the ban was a negative?

Isn't the role of a community's leadership to provide a safe environ? If it takes banning guns, I would say the leadership is doing what they've been elected to do.

I can realistically make the argument that if gun ownership is of all-consuming importance to one, then one should not choose to live in a community with a gun ban.

Really? You mean like the gun ban in D.C. that was in place for decades? The same ban that 4 liberal justices voted in favor of? Somehow I think you're underestimating what could happen.

You are correct RTS. Obama is a wolf in sheeps clothing when he speaks about the Second Amendment. Obama has pledged to support a ban on the sale or transfer of all forms of semi-automatic weapons which include most handguns, rifles and shotguns you and I own. He also supports a ban on the right to CCW. His common sense gun safety also includes the draconian proposals funded to the tune of $18,000,000 by the rabidly anti-gun Joyce Foundation while Obama was an activist member of it's Board Of Directors.

Like I stated many times previously, Obama's support of the Second Amendment is utterly cynical and false. Obama is not for the right to keep and bear arms; he is out to destroy it.

Question, if the gun ban drastically reduced the number of violent crimes, how can one logically argue that the ban was a negative?

Isn't the role of a community's leadership to provide a safe environ? If it takes banning guns, I would say the leadership is doing what they've been elected to do.

I can realistically make the argument that if gun ownership is of all-consuming importance to one, then one should not choose to live in a community with a gun ban.

What if the law is passed ex post facto, as all of them have been?