Does Obama Really Support Your Second Amendment Right?

Where doe's Obama really stand on gun rights?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Where doe's Obama really stand on gun rights?

• I believe he supports my gun rights.
    • I believe he’s an outright liar when it comes to the 2nd Amendment.

Obama recently claimed that he has always believed that the Second Amendment protects the right of individuals to bear arms, a statement that I find laughable.

He voted to allow reckless lawsuits designed to bankrupt the firearms industry.

He wants to re-impose the failed and discredited Clinton Gun Ban.

He voted to ban almost all rifle ammunition commonly used for hunting and sport shooting.

He has endorsed a complete ban on handgun ownership.

He supported local gun bans in Chicago, Washington, D.C., and other cities.

He voted for the criminal prosecution of people who use firearms in self-defense in the cities that had local gun bans.

He supports gun owner licensing and gun registration.

He refused to sign a friend-of-the-court Brief in support of individual Second Amendment rights in the Heller case.

He opposes Right to Carry laws.

He was a member of the Board of Directors of the Joyce Foundation, the leading source of funds for anti-gun organizations and “research.”

He supported a proposal to ban gun stores within 5 miles of a school or park, which would eliminate almost every gun store in America.

He voted not to notify gun owners when the state of Illinois did records searches on them.

He voted against a measure to lower the Firearms Owners Identification card age minimum from 21 to 18, a measure designed to assist young people in the military.

He favors a ban on standard capacity magazines.

He supports mandatory micro-stamping.

He supports repeal of the Tiahrt Amendment, which prohibits information on gun traces collected by the BATFE from being used in reckless lawsuits against firearm dealers and manufacturers.

He supports one-gun-a-month sales restrictions.

He supports a ban on inexpensive handguns.

He supports a ban on the resale of police issued firearms, even if the money is going to police departments for replacement equipment.

Somehow, I’m not getting where he’s in support of my gun rights. How about you?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No he does not support the Second Amendment. Saying that you support the constitutional right to own firearms while advocating the right of local and state jurisdictions to implement prohibitions against gun ownership is not supporting the Second Amendment.

Well, considering that the poll offers only two extreme choices, I can't vote. :lol:
Either you support it or you don't. There is no in-between, although I can understand why you would think so after listening to Obama's doublespeak on the issue.

Either you support it or you don't. There is no in-between, although I can understand why you would think so after listening to Obama's doublespeak on the issue.

Not true at all. Supporting the 2nd A doesn't mean that I have to do so with the provision that there are no restrictions, no limits.

We have the right to free speech, but there are limits, and there are responsibilities.

I don't support gun ownership without requirements such as saftey training and ownership responsibility education.

:thumb: Exactly. However, you would have gotten more responses to the poll if you had used one of the following euphemisms for "lying:"

"less than truthful,"

"less than honest,"

"less than forthright,"

"less than candid," or my favorite liberal catchphrase,

"a carefully nuanced position."

Not true at all. Supporting the 2nd A doesn't mean that I have to do so with the provision that there are no restrictions, no limits.

We have the right to free speech, but there are limits, and there are responsibilities.

I don't support gun ownership without requirements such as saftey training and ownership responsibility education.

And there are already restrictions in place, more are not needed.

How do you feel about the positions of Obama that I posted?

:thumb:

Vote for Obama in '08!

No thanks. Why would I vote for someone that's against my 2nd Amendment rights?

Ret. Gen.Colin Powell is a fairly intelligent man, who is reportedly going to endorse Obama at some point. Why would a person with his resume and of his stature support someone that would do away with the 2nd? Are you right and Gen. Powell wrong?

Ret. Gen.Colin Powell is a fairly intelligent man, who is reportedly going to endorse Obama at some point. Why would a person with his resume and of his stature support someone that would do away with the 2nd? Are you right and Gen. Powell wrong?
If Gen. Powell supports the right of local communities depriving citizens of their constitutional rights, then Gen. Powell is as wrong as Obama on the Second Amendment.

How does Gen. Powell know how SC justices appointed by Obama will vote? That's the problem, just look at the four that voted in favor of the D.C. Ban.

IMO, Gen. Powell is certainly wrong about abortion, so he can very well be wrong about Obama.

Ret. Gen.Colin Powell is a fairly intelligent man, who is reportedly going to endorse Obama at some point. Why would a person with his resume and of his stature support someone that would do away with the 2nd? Are you right and Gen. Powell wrong?[/quote]

You didn't ask me this question but I have to answer it - Yes.