Does Obama Really Support Your Second Amendment Right?

Where doe's Obama really stand on gun rights?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Where doe's Obama really stand on gun rights?

• I believe he supports my gun rights.
    • I believe he’s an outright liar when it comes to the 2nd Amendment.

Hmmm...JD, LN and you...I might not make it out alive! :lol:

Seriously though, I'd love to. I could always learn more. My step dad has been letting me shoot all of his weapons which is fun. But he and my mother live in Wisconsin (Fort McCoy) so I am not there that often.

I have my Glock here though that I need to shoot more...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think we should try to get something together someday, It'd be a blast! (Pun intended)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My step dad has told me the M-16's he has shot in the Army have been 3 round burst M-16's. Same with any other person I've talked to who's been in the Army.
It just dawned on me that he may have had the M16A4. The M16A4 is a standard M16A2 that can fire single shots or 3 round bursts (no full auto).

A semi automatic assault rifle and a fully automatic assault rifle, while different, are still assault rifles.

No! one is the same as a deer rifle where one trigger pull produces one shot and full auto is one trigger pull can empty a clip. I think we can all understand the differences in that. The left always talks about an assault weapons ban, but that ban as I stated earlier is pretty much just based on the cosmetics of the weapon.

What makes an assault rifle more dangerous than any other semi-auto gun? It's not! The fact that it is called an assault rifle is just playing political games.

And technically is a M-16 fully automatic or 3 round burst fire? Is that still considered fully automatic?

Both 3 shot burst and full auto are already illegal and have been for over 75 years so it doesn't really matter.

I am not a proponent of legalizing fully automatic weapons any more than they already are. I just think this issue is just beating a dead horse and making something out of nothing because the left thinks they can make political hay with the talking point, "Assault Weapons Ban".