Does Obama Really Support Your Second Amendment Right?

Where doe's Obama really stand on gun rights?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Where doe's Obama really stand on gun rights?

• I believe he supports my gun rights.
    • I believe he’s an outright liar when it comes to the 2nd Amendment.

I feel like there are plenty on the books now, just enforce the ones we already have.

What changes would you like to see?

I think it is a little too easy for some people to get hand guns/assault rifles. I'd have to dive in to the specifics to answer your question in more detail and I don't have the energy to do that right now.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really care to dispute them. I don't know who I'm going to vote for this election, or even if I'll vote at all. And maybe I do underestimate what could happen, but I think you guys are overreacting to a lot of these things. As I've stated before, I'm a general supporter of the 2nd amendment. But I don't even own a gun yet. And I don't think it should be as simple as buying a movie. I don't drive around after my paycheck and think "hey, I'm in the mood for a little Desert Eagle action today, I think I'll stop by a gun store - after all, there's three on the way home." The people that DO think it should be easy as that... well, it wouldn't bother me if they had a slightly harder time getting their fix.
:lol:

Since when do they do a Federal background check on you to buy a movie?

Question, if the gun ban drastically reduced the number of violent crimes, how can one logically argue that the ban was a negative?

Isn't the role of a community's leadership to provide a safe environ? If it takes banning guns, I would say the leadership is doing what they've been elected to do.

I can realistically make the argument that if gun ownership is of all-consuming importance to one, then one should not choose to live in a community with a gun ban.

The 2nd Amendment states that we all have the right to bear arms, so...

Question for you, if CC drastically reduces the number of violent crimes, how can one logically argue that there is a need of a ban?

:lol:

Since when do they do a Federal background check on you to buy a movie?

Ever since my brother actually rented Day of the Dead 2: Contagium. There was a whole congressional meeting on it, I can't believe you missed it.

I think it is a little too easy for some people to get hand guns/assault rifles. I'd have to dive in to the specifics to answer your question in more detail and I don't have the energy to do that right now.

Assault rifles? Where can you buy a full fledged assault rifle? Not a gun that looks like one, or one that looks scary but a real life assault rifle. An M-16 is a fully automatic .223 caliber assault rifle. Can I get one of these at a flea market? No, I can not. To purchase a fully automatic rifle is a long and expensive process, tightly regulated by the ATF.

The assault rifle ban that is bantered around by the left is simply a ban on guns that look like military style assault rifles. It does not effect hunting rifles of the same or even more powerful calibers, it is just a lot of hot air by the left saying look what we are doing. Fully auto guns were outlawed for private ownership (except when tightly regulated) in the early part of the last century.

This country need no new laws on gun control, just the resources to enforce the ones we have.

As far as Obama, he is following the "Hillary Strategy", he is "Forgainst what ever your forgainst."

You are correct RTS. Obama is a wolf in sheeps clothing when he speaks about the Second Amendment. Obama has pledged to support a ban on the sale or transfer of all forms of semi-automatic weapons which include most handguns, rifles and shotguns you and I own. He also supports a ban on the right to CCW. His common sense gun safety also includes the draconian proposals funded to the tune of $18,000,000 by the rabidly anti-gun Joyce Foundation while Obama was an activist member of it's Board Of Directors.

Like I stated many times previously, Obama's support of the Second Amendment is utterly cynical and false. Obama is not for the right to keep and bear arms; he is out to destroy it.

:thumb:

Assault rifles? Where can you buy a full fledged assault rifle? Not a gun that looks like one, or one that looks scary but a real life assault rifle. An M-16 is a fully automatic .223 caliber assault rifle. Can I get one of these at a flea market? No, I can not. To purchase a fully automatic rifle is a long and expensive process, tightly regulated by the ATF.

The assault rifle ban that is bantered around by the left is simply a ban on guns that look like military style assault rifles. It does not effect hunting rifles of the same or even more powerful calibers, it is just a lot of hot air by the left saying look what we are doing. Fully auto guns were outlawed for private ownership (except when tightly regulated) in the early part of the last century.

This country need no new laws on gun control, just the resources to enforce the ones we have.

As far as Obama, he is following the "Hillary Strategy", he is "Forgainst what ever your forgainst."

:thumb:

A semi automatic assault rifle and a fully automatic assault rifle, while different, are still assault rifles.

And technically is a M-16 fully automatic or 3 round burst fire? Is that still considered fully automatic?

A semi automatic assault rifle and a fully automatic assault rifle, while different, are still assault rifles.

And technically is a M-16 fully automatic or 3 round burst fire? Is that still considered fully automatic?

A military issued M-16 rate of fire is Cyclic: 800 rounds per minute, Semiautomatic: 45 rounds per minute and Burst: 90 rounds per minute.

A fully auto M16 would cost at least $10,000.00 or $11,000.00 if you're lucky or more plus you need a Class III firearms license.

HB, a semi-automatic rifle is NOT an assault rifle. An assault rifle has the capability to be fired full-automatic, that is like a machine gun. They will also likely have an in-line stock design and pistol grip, with gas cylinder usually above rather than below the barrel, so that the recoil will come straight back toward the firer's shoulder and thus make the weapon more controllable in full-automatic fire.

An SKS and the M-1 carbine are rifles that commonly get mistaken for an assault weapon but is no such thing. Activists love to call military-style rifles assault weapons because it sounds so much more menacing.

A military issued M-16 rate of fire is Cyclic: 800 rounds per minute, Semiautomatic: 45 rounds per minute and Burst: 90 rounds per minute.

A fully auto M16 would cost at least $10,000.00 or $11,000.00 if you're lucky or more plus you need a Class III firearms license.

HB, a semi-automatic rifle is NOT an assault rifle. An assault rifle has the capability to be fired full-automatic, that is like a machine gun. They will also likely have an in-line stock design and pistol grip, with gas cylinder usually above rather than below the barrel, so that the recoil will come straight back toward the firer's shoulder and thus make the weapon more controllable in full-automatic fire.

An SKS and the M-1 carbine are rifles that commonly get mistaken for an assault weapon but is no such thing. Activists love to call military-style rifles assault weapons because it sounds so much more menacing.

My step dad has told me the M-16's he has shot in the Army have been 3 round burst M-16's. Same with any other person I've talked to who's been in the Army.

My step dad has told me the M-16's he has shot in the Army have been 3 round burst M-16's. Same with any other person I've talked to who's been in the Army.
An M16A2 fires a three-round burst in semiautomatic operation. The M16A2 5.56mm rifle is a lightweight, air-cooled, gas-operated, magazine-fed, shoulder or hip fired weapon designed for either automatic fire (3-round bursts) or semiautomatic fire (single shot) through the use of a selector lever.

I see.

I'm just now starting to try and learn as much as possible about fire arms. I shot an M4 a few weeks ago and loved it. I'd love to own one!

You should come shoot with me and some friends sometime, we could get JD, LN, BF and a few other BGPers and have a grand old time!

You should come shoot with me and some friends sometime, we could get JD, LN, BF and a few other BGPers and have a grand old time!

Hmmm...JD, LN and you...I might not make it out alive! :lol:

Seriously though, I'd love to. I could always learn more. My step dad has been letting me shoot all of his weapons which is fun. But he and my mother live in Wisconsin (Fort McCoy) so I am not there that often.

I have my Glock here though that I need to shoot more...