When will Louisville 6A compete with the big 3?

kypride

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be interesting to see what Ballard does the next few years. If Coach Jackson can make it happen it is going to be much harder for all the public school apologists and/or cry babies to defend their positions.

When Manual can acquire and maintain a greater number of players to match St X's physical maturity on the field they will begin to beat them. To many cases of seniors vs sophomores make it very difficult to get over the hump.

I think Manual has closed the gap on Male.

5 of the last 7 Male/Manual games have been decided by a TD or less. Unfortunately for the Rams, they've only pulled out one victory, but it is a "what have you done for me lately" world and that victory did come last year.

When Manual can acquire and maintain a greater number of players to match St X's physical maturity on the field they will begin to beat them. To many cases of seniors vs sophomores make it very difficult to get over the hump.

Has Manual closed the gap or has Male?:sssh:

It seems the talent and depth of the recent Male teams isn't quite what it used to be.

Trinity, Male and X always play very tough against each other, but during the Beatty era the Big 3 has become the Big 1 based on the number of State Championships won. I do think that Male and X are above the rest of Louisville.

SO does those sophmores never become seniors?:confused:

Trinity, Male and X always play very tough against each other, but during the Beatty era the Big 3 has become the Big 1 based on the number of State Championships won. I do think that Male and X are above the rest of Louisville.

The Big 1-Please! Change 1 play in Males playoff loss in 2006 and any number of plays in an overtime state final game and do you you think T would be a notch just ahead of the other 6A teams? Be serious. It should be the Big 4 now.

jimmy, while I agree with your notion that T has not separated itself (except for championships) from the other two (after all, they have taken three pretty big losses to X over the past 4 years), I don't think I agree with Manual deserving to be included in the Big 3. While they've played all three teams close, they've only notched one win against both T and Male in the last seven years but are yet to have a victory against X. Until Manual is able to win a bit more consistently or make a run in the playoffs, I would refrain from including them in the Big 3.

The Big 1-Please! Change 1 play in Males playoff loss in 2006 and any number of plays in an overtime state final game and do you you think T would be a notch just ahead of the other 6A teams? Be serious. It should be the Big 4 now.

Spin it any way you want, the trophy is awarded to the best team each year and when it comes to championships, the ROCKS are head and shoulders above the rest. To think otherwise is laughable.

I would go further and say it is the Big 2 with Male a step behind at the present time. Manual and maybe Henry Clay are then a step behind Male.

Ru, during the Beatty era (2000-2007) the ROCKS have won state championships 6 times, while M and X have 1 apiece. Until they prove that they can consistently beat T when it counts, I still maintain it is the Big 1. Why am I wrong?

While the competition may be close....there is something to be said about us being up 6, 1, 1 in state championships this decade. I know the last two have been very difficult for you to deal with, but for NOW, we are the top dog, maybe X can change that, though with their current leadership I doubt it.

Until Manual can clear the hump against X, the Big 4 talk is just annoying to everyone, including Crimson supporters.

I think it depends on how you define 'compete.'

Manual has been competitve (in games) with Male and Trinity lately, but the matchup with X has been killer. In terms of hardware, no one is competing with Trinity at the moment.