Final thoughts on the NBA Draft

I thought 2 players who went way too low were Darrel Arthur and Chris Douglas-Roberts. I have no idea why Arthur would drop that far. I believe teams will really regret not drafting him.

I like Arthur a lot, but I really question his strength and from watching him it looks like he isn't much of a shooter, nor does he really handle the ball. I think he has a lot of poetential, but seems like he has a lot of work to do.

I like Arthur a lot, but I really question his strength and from watching him it looks like he isn't much of a shooter, nor does he really handle the ball. I think he has a lot of poetential, but seems like he has a lot of work to do.

Most guys outside of the top picks have work to do...

There aren't that many guys who are NBA ready like Rose, Beasley and Mayo...after those three pretty much everyone else had some sort of question...

Rumor of a possible kidney problem w/ Arthur might be a reason for him falling so far.

I heard most doctors that examined him told the GM not to even think about drafting him. Then when he did get drafted he got traded 3 or 4 times.

Panther,

I can't argue with your post. He isn't a beautiful shooter, but the man has the nickname "buckets", and he was a 1st team All American. It's a shame that those who play four years are thought to have more flaws than those who've barely played on the college level.

The Deals of the Draft

http://www.nba.com/draft2008/trades_20080626.html

The Late-Night "Blockbuster"

The Timberwolves have reportedly traded Antoine Walker, Marko Jaric, Greg Buckner and the rights to O.J. Mayo to the Grizzlies for Mike Miller, Brian Cardinal, Jason Collins and the rights to Kevin Love.

No two GMs have been more maligned in the past year than Minnesota's Kevin McHale and Memphis' Chris Wallace. Some say that they're more responsible for putting the Celtics and Lakers into the Finals than the Celtics and Lakers themselves. So, this trade is a chance for one of them to redeem himself eventually. The question is: Which one will that be?

If McHale is really getting in Kevin Love what he thinks he's getting, the Timberwolves have taken a big step in the right direction, because in Miller, they're getting the best veteran in the deal by far. And Love teams with Al Jefferson to provide a young, talented frontcourt.

I found it interesting that they interviewed Kevin Love's dad (a former player) after he was picked. He admitted that he showed Kevin a lot of video on Kevin McHale prior to the draft about how to play post in the NBA. Coincidence?

The Mavs probably had the worst. The Wiz, Spurs, Kings & Nuggets were in the next group of worst.

The Heat had the best.

And yeah, I guess you could say the Hawks & Hornets had the worst considering they didn't pick anyone...

I disagree with this point strongly. Every time I watched him play this year he was hitting mid-range jumpshots. He hit a lot of them in the NCAA tournament. And he has a frame IMO to get much stronger. I think he could potentially develop into probably a 15 point 8 or 9 rebound guy. He also blocks a lot of shots.

I hadn't heard about the kidney situation until last night.

I believe him and CDR are the 2 biggest steals of the draft.

How about that people care more about the draft than the NBA regular season.

I think that's mostly, because of the popularity of college basketball, and everyone wanting to see where the guys we enjoyed watching play will go. It is funny though, how it's such a big deal and then most everyone says they hate the NBA or don't watch it at all.