So you read, but seldom post in P/R...

Why do you choose not to post (or post infrequently) in P/R?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Why do you choose not to post (or post infrequently) in P/R?

• I enjoy watching all of the debate, but don't like to participate.
    • Most of the points I would make are already posted when I get there.
    • The posters there are out for blood and I would be eaten alive.
    • Other - please feel free to discuss in the thread.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't often voice my opinion because Leatherneck and Habib seem to do a good job of stating my opinions for me, but also because those subjects I do tend to care most about I rarely feel my opinion is something people want to hear. For instance my views on conflict, use of force(deadly and otherwise), military action, appropriate interrogation techniques and so on would largely get me labelled as a callous and cold hearted person. Thus it is not worth the trouble.

I was thinking this same question just yesterday. Thanks TB&G for posting this. I love P&R and wish some others would dive in and take your chances. Just one admonishment. If you are a conservative, I will attempt to eat you alive and wear your rotting flesh as my just rewards. So be very prepared before entering P&R.

Seriously, I love discussing politics and religion and I enjoy hearing all the different viewpoints, even those that I disagree with. This might as well be called the P&R&P forum because you can learn a lot about psychology and folks' psyche when participating in this forum. It's a lot of fun. I highly recommend you give it a try.

I was thinking this same question just yesterday. Thanks TB&G for posting this. I love P&R and wish some others would dive in and take your chances. Just one admonishment. If you are a conservative, I will attempt to eat you alive and wear your rotting flesh as my just rewards. So be very prepared before entering P&R.

Seriously, I love discussing politics and religion and I enjoy hearing all the different viewpoints, even those that I disagree with. This might as well be called the P&R&P forum because you can learn a lot about psychology and folks' psyche when participating in this forum. It's a lot of fun. I highly recommend you give it a try.

That's the thing I like most about P/R - the differing points of view and how I become driven to explore issues that I might now otherwise. I do with more people would participate,though! :thumb:

I read essentially everything that goes on in P&R.

What is intimidating to some is that we have a large group of smart posters on BGP. Seriously, and that is a cool thing. These posters can often put together, in to words, many thoughts a lot of us are having dealing with very complex issues. Speaking on behalf of the crowd which is often "intimidated", it is more so because the quality of posts we have on BGP set the bar so high often times, we are hesitant to respond.

The real problem really is our fault. We do treat posters that aren't regulars pretty disrespectfully. There are certain posters in this forum (myself included) that can't contain ourselves from bringing up incredibly complicated and drawn-out (and often condescending) responses to new posters' basic statements if we disagree with them.

When I entered P&R, I was in the minority because it was a few threads about Catholicism, and I felt that I was being condescended by the regulars (some of whom rarely post in P&R anymore, some who still do and I now respect greatly despite how I felt).

But somehow I made it through, and have become one of them. Whether or not that is a good thing, I don't know.

Several reasons...

- Most of the people in this forum are crazy! :p:laugh::laugh:

- I DO NOT like politics...it's all a bunch people promising a bunch crap and then they get into office and they don't do what they promised.

- Because I DO NOT like politics I tend to tune it out as often as possible so I do not have the knowledge that some on here do.

- Religion is a very personal thing. While I do not understand all religions...I do try to respect other peoples religious choices. I refuse to tell others that they are wrong or right or going to hell because of their beliefs.

- Did I mention that most people in this forum are crazy??? :lol::lol::lol:

I'm TonyDanza and I approve this message! :lol: