Big Brown is a loser

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your point?

The oversight in place nowadays does a pretty good job of preventing such shenanigans. Plus, there are just too many people who have to keep quiet to pull off such stuff. Organized crime has pretty much been rooted out of the sport.

Plus, the bans for getting caught fixing are punitive at the MLB level. And there's too much money to be lost in the long term for trainers, owners and jocks. It's just not worth it.

Why? If it was fixed he would have won because a triple crown winner would give the industry a badly needed shot in the arm.

Good point. If anything fishy was going on, it would've been in Big Brown's favor. The industry needs a TC winner in the worst way.

The horse won the Kentucky Derby and the Preakness far from a bust!

OK all the hype had him as a shoe in to win this race. The only horse that supposedly had a shot scratched:sssh: The "experts" had Big Brown winning in a walkaway. His big mouthed owner claimed easy victory. Guess what, if that's not a bust, then it's a choke. Whatever Big Brown is the only horse ever to have won the two previous Triple Crown races and finish last. Call it what you want, it ain't good:cool:

First off, I'm glad the horse lost because of Detrow and his big mouth. He was sure eating seconds and thirds of crow after the race.

Second, why do people feel necessary to get on here and pile on when a favorite loses? There sure is a lot of chest thumping going on about a horse race. It's almost like watching the NBA.

OK all the hype had him as a shoe in to win this race. The only horse that supposedly had a shot scratched:sssh: The "experts" had Big Brown winning in a walkaway. His big mouthed owner claimed easy victory. Guess what, if that's not a bust, then it's a choke. Whatever Big Brown is the only horse ever to have won the two previous Triple Crown races and finish last. Call it what you want, it ain't good:cool:

I'll concede that this race was a bust for Big Brown but his career is far from it!

No sense in racing BB anymore...stands to lose more money than he can gaining it...send him off to stud.

A couple of questions....which I think attributed to the performance today.

Why take him off the steroids for this race? He was on the juice the first two, why not for the Belmont?

Secondly...very warm in NY today...internal bleeding is another.

I think jockey did a very wise thing in pulling up...he was fading and fading quick.

No sense in racing BB anymore...stands to lose more money than he can gaining it...send him off to stud.

Why take him off the steroids for this race? He was on the juice the first two, why not for the Belmont?

I think jockey did a very wise thing in pulling up...he was fading and fading quick.

On the steroids thing. the horses are on a schedule for roids. They were about two weeks before the next treatment

I was curious to find some more info on the steroid issue, and we may have been playing that up too big.

Big Brown also has legally been injected with steroids in the past, but, according to Dutrow, he had not had his monthly dose since mid-April, before the Triple Crown began.

(Dr. Larry) Bramlage doubted that Big Brown was affected by not using steroids.

"It's not that kind of situation," Bramlage said. "Anabolic steroids keep them eating and happy and aggressive, which he showed all week long."

From DRF.com

I will say this: For someone so full of talk, Dutrow's silence following the race is disappointing. I know he's upset his horse lost, but he needed to suck it up and provide some comments.

I can't help but get the feeling he's going to throw Desormeaux under the bus on this one.

I will say this: For someone so full of talk, Dutrow's silence following the race is disappointing. I know he's upset his horse lost, but he needed to suck it up and provide some comments.

I can't help but get the feeling he's going to throw Desormeaux under the bus on this one.

I do think the jock had a role in what transpired in the race.