Ready for change!!!???

I figured I'd ask everyone else how ready they are for change next year. We video gamers actually have serious conversations quite often. Mostly sarcastic, but I couldn't get over what someone said jokingly, about how excited they were for "change" after the next election, the same kind they were guaranteed after the dems took congress and the senate back in 04. It just stuck with me, and made me wonder.

Who else is excited for "change in 08"?????:dancingpa

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I figured I'd ask everyone else how ready they are for change next year. We video gamers actually have serious conversations quite often. Mostly sarcastic, but I couldn't get over what someone said jokingly, about how excited they were for "change" after the next election, the same kind they were guaranteed after the dems took congress and the senate back in 04. It just stuck with me, and made me wonder.

Who else is excited for "change in 08"?????:dancingpa

What changes since Democrats took control of Congress in 2004 have put you in a dancing mood?

Every challenging candidate for every POTUS election as far back as I can recall has attempted to paint themself as the candidate for change. It is not a new theme. It is typically associated with Democratic candidates since the classical definition of conservative includes preservation of the status quo.

I am looking forward to changing 2 Supreme Court justices.

What changes since Democrats took control of Congress in 2004 have put you in a dancing mood?

SF is being sarcastic. And I agree.

Let's Go Change! :dancingpa Higher taxes.

Boy, I figure I will graduate college in 4 years. I can't wait to enter the job market into an economy in which taxation on corporation, and higher unemployment benefits (I assume Obama supports this) makes our economy like France! No one will want to hire me because the government won't let them fire me, no one will want to work because the rich pay for them to sit around, and no one will start new companies because the more they make, the more they get taxed!

It sure is a good thing I plan on learning a second language in college........:sssh:

Looks like we need some change. Gas prices at an all time high, unemployment soaring, stock market falling, the unwinnable war continues, etc. It won't be easy cleaning up this mess but whoever does will go do in history.

Looks like we need some change. Gas prices at an all time high, unemployment soaring, stock market falling, the unwinnable war continues, etc. It won't be easy cleaning up this mess but whoever does will go do in history.
What change from the new President is going to lower gas prices?

Glad to see you have so much faith in our troops, btw.

It might not be the troops he has little faith in. It might be the plans and/or the leadership. :thumb:

In Vietnam the troops did the best job they could, but the leadership let them (and us) down.

It might not be the troops he has little faith in. It might be the plans and/or the leadership. :thumb:

In Vietnam the troops did the best job they could, but the leadership let them (and us) down.

Except for the fact when you talk to our troops, they seem to differ on the opinion that we're not winning.

That's been my experience.

How in the world does lack of confidence in our President equate to lack of confidence in our troops? Our troops are doing their jobs, and to some degree successfully. But, they've been thrust into an ill-planned situation. That's not their fault. They're doing very well, IMO, all things considered.

One doesn't have to be pro-war, pro-Bush to be pro-troops. Nor does one have to be pro-war, pro-Bush to recognize the successes the troops have been able to achieve, despite the situation Bush has put them into.

How in the world does lack of confidence in our President equate to lack of confidence in our troops? Our troops are doing their jobs, and to some degree successfully. But, they've been thrust into an ill-planned situation. That's not their fault. They're doing very well, IMO, all things considered.

One doesn't have to be pro-war, pro-Bush to be pro-troops. Nor does one have to be pro-war, pro-Bush to recognize the successes the troops have been able to achieve, despite the situation Bush has put them into.

Tell me how we're losing. The troops I talk to tell me a different story. They hear what the media and some (like some on this board) spews out and they are amazed, shocked and hurt.

Tell me how we're losing. The troops I talk to tell me a different story. They hear what the media and some (like some on this board) spews out and they are amazed, shocked and hurt.

Come on RTS, don't try to turn this into an anti-troop thread. That's not at all accurate, or true.

Have we had successes? Yes.

Are we still far, far away from turning over the country to it's own leaders and leaving? Yes.

Have we built schools, and infrastructure in some areas? Yes.

Are there still areas that are without services, with citizens afraid to leave their homes because of the insurgents? Yes.

At best, we're holding our own, right now.

We're in a better position than a year ago, but it's tenuous.

None of the negatives are the fault of the troops. It's the fault of an administration too willing to start something they didn't have a plan to finish.

Except for the fact when you talk to our troops, they seem to differ on the opinion that we're not winning.

That's been my experience.

Well the three from my church did not speak much on the grand scheme of things as much as they spoke of the frustration, pain and emotional issues two of them had coping with what was going on there. I saw one young man who was in a marine unit that I think has never been the same since standing within a few feet of a fellow marine who was literally hit with a RPG round.

Maybe in the same way we won the ground war in much of Vietnam but never realized that we couldn't win a battle of attrition.