Maybe ZOLLO rumors true?

I agree but it's not like GRC will just be relying on one player. Let's not forget they also have Stenzel and Hatton and were going to be one of the favorites with or without Zollo. They have a very good young core of players.

You are right! Stenzel and Hatton is a very good supportive cast for a player like Zollo!

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure if he was moving to Maysville this would not be a problem.

Look at Mason County's roster this year. There were kids from Bracken Co. and Ohio just to name a couple of places. I know I am forgetting some other places. But my point is Mason County has been getting talent to move into the area and everything is fine and dandy. But when another 10th region school get some fresh meat. Then some people want to complain. Seems strange to me.

Besides Barner, all of the kids that aren't from Mason County transfered here at a young age (around elementary school). This is not the same as kids transfering in the middle of their high school careers so stop acting like it is. If Zollo came to GRC in the 4th grade, then yeah, everything would be "fine and dandy." But he didn't.

Barner should have had to sit out as well in my opinion. So therefore, I would still not agree with Zollo being able to play even if he came to Mason County.

I agree... Remember the party that Mason Co had planned in 2007? Looking forward to basketball season this year and watching all the talent that the 10th region has.:thumb:

Please get your facts straight. A few people had a party planned, not the whole school or anyone affiliated with the team. You make it sound like everyone was in on it, which isn't true. Those people were stupid to do that too and it makes everyone from Mason County look bad.

Besides Barner, all of the kids that aren't from Mason County transfered here at a young age (around elementary school). This is not the same as kids transfering in the middle of their high school careers so stop acting like it is. If Zollo came to GRC in the 4th grade, then yeah, everything would be "fine and dandy." But he didn't.

Barner should have had to sit out as well in my opinion. So therefore, I would still not agree with Zollo being able to play even if he came to Mason County.

When did Setty come to Mason Co?

Does anyone have any stats/ ratings on Zollo? Is everyone just assuming he is going to be good because he signed with UK. I know UK has a different coach now but could he be another Jared Carter (I heard he may grow to 7 ft 1)? Not knocking the kid I just want to know some facts about his ranking.

Does anyone have any stats/ ratings on Zollo? Is everyone just assuming he is going to be good because he signed with UK. I know UK has a different coach now but could he be another Jared Carter (I heard he may grow to 7 ft 1)? Not knocking the kid I just want to know some facts about his ranking.

Typically at his age group there isn't many rankings out there. It is unpredictable how good he will be.

He averaged about 15 pts 9 rebounds and 4 blocks a game as a freshman last year. I have also heard he's projected to grow to around 7'. BTW Jared Carter was a heck of a high school player too. :thumb:

He averaged about 15 pts 9 rebounds and 4 blocks a game as a freshman last year. I have also heard he's projected to grow to around 7'. BTW Jared Carter was a heck of a high school player too. :thumb:

Go to Google and type in Greenfield Mcclain High School in Ohio and boy's basketball and see how he done in each game. They list individual scoring for each game played last season.

Those numbers are pretty good.

I know during Carter's junior year he came off the bench and averaged 4 and 4.

Here is the latest on Vinney in the paper today. Interesting on what his mom has to say:

Zollo's mother likes Clark

by Larry Vaught/Danville Advocate Messenger

Barring an unexpected complication, University of Kentucky recruit Vinny Zollo will be playing his high school basketball for George Rogers Clark next season.

Zollo's mother, Robyn Curry, interviewed for a teaching position at the high school this week and is now awaiting word that her Ohio teaching certification will be accepted by Kentucky.

"Vinny liked the school. He checked out the classes to see if he would be on track academically," said Curry. "It looks like a good area for us. If everything goes okay with the certification, I am sure we will be there."

Curry liked the way Humphrey didn't try to pressure her son into attending George Rogers Clark.

"He was nice, but not pushy. I am leery of schools that called basically trying to recruit him," she said. "This all happened without the coach calling or breaking any rules. One coach in that region called and it scared me to death because I thought that could be a rules violation.

"I don't want to do anything to jeopardize Vinny's eligibility. I respect the way this school (Clark) has handled everything."

http://www.winchestersun.com/public_html/?module=displaystory&story_id=13677&format=html

Here is the latest on Vinney in the paper today. Interesting on what his mom has to say:

Zollo's mother likes Clark

by Larry Vaught/Danville Advocate Messenger

Barring an unexpected complication, University of Kentucky recruit Vinny Zollo will be playing his high school basketball for George Rogers Clark next season.

Zollo's mother, Robyn Curry, interviewed for a teaching position at the high school this week and is now awaiting word that her Ohio teaching certification will be accepted by Kentucky.

"Vinny liked the school. He checked out the classes to see if he would be on track academically," said Curry. "It looks like a good area for us. If everything goes okay with the certification, I am sure we will be there."

Curry liked the way Humphrey didn't try to pressure her son into attending George Rogers Clark.

"He was nice, but not pushy. I am leery of schools that called basically trying to recruit him," she said. "This all happened without the coach calling or breaking any rules. One coach in that region called and it scared me to death because I thought that could be a rules violation.

"I don't want to do anything to jeopardize Vinny's eligibility. I respect the way this school (Clark) has handled everything."

http://www.winchestersun.com/public_html/?module=displaystory&story_id=13677&format=html

I wonder who that coach could be?:sssh: