Maybe ZOLLO rumors true?

[/b]

Not to get off subject but check some of the players on this years roster. I believe they were transfers.:sssh:

Barner was but he got limited minutes. He was not an impact player like Zollo will be. I think Barner should've had to sit out too, just like any other player should.

Edited by fieldhousekrayzie21
Add Information

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The crazy thing with sports dynasties is they always end eventually. I believe Mason had a good run but the time has come to pass the torch.You cannot win on tradition alone you have to be able to compete with the here and now in order to stay on top! Just like the Beloved Fieldhouse, it is aging and it will be a dinosaur in the not so distant future. I for one am glad to see the attention Bluegrass Basketball is getting at the highschool level. You either rise to the competition or get left behind!

Terrible for everyone but Clark. I don't know about you but I don't want Region changing kids transfering in and turning the Region into the 11th with Scott Co and Lex Cath. Players should not be able to transfer wherever they want with no penalty.

I think you would have a totally different view on things if your contact with the player would of had worked. :sssh: :p

Zollo wanted to be near Lexington so he could be near the University and be able to visit any time he wanted without being directly in the city. It also gives a chance for CBG to get to watch his young player more than he would have. The fans of UK will also be able to watch their future cat alot more than if he was in Ohio. All of those are positives.

The only negatives I can see is if the opposing teams in the 10th Region are just jealous because he chose GRC as the school to attend instead of theirs.:thumb:

I think you would have a totally different view on things if your contact with the player would of had worked. :sssh: :p

Zollo wanted to be near Lexington so he could be near the University and be able to visit any time he wanted without being directly in the city. It also gives a chance for CBG to get to watch his young player more than he would have. The fans of UK will also be able to watch their future cat alot more than if he was in Ohio. All of those are positives.

The only negatives I can see is if the opposing teams in the 10th Region are just jealous because he chose GRC as the school to attend instead of theirs.:thumb:

Most of those are positives for him. I never said it was a bad move for him. But it is bad for any region when players can transfer whenever they want and not have to sit out.

Most of those are positives for him. I never said it was a bad move for him. But it is bad for any region when players can transfer whenever they want and not have to sit out.

Why punish a kid for moving or the parents getting a different job?

Why punish a kid for moving or the parents getting a different job?

Because its not always for the right reasons. Some people move for basketball reasons and not life reasons. Some people get different jobs in different places so their kid can play basketball there. I don't think that is right.

And since you can't tell the real reason people move, they should sit out no matter what. Otherwise these kids get to come and go as they please and change schools every time something doesn't go their way or a better offer presents itself.

Because its not always for the right reasons. Some people move for basketball reasons and not life reasons. Some people get different jobs in different places so their kid can play basketball there. I don't think that is right.

And since you can't tell the real reason people move, they should sit out no matter what. Otherwise these kids get to come and go as they please and change schools every time something doesn't go their way or a better offer presents itself.

If you had a job transfer and your kid was between his/her junior and senior year, you may feel differently about this subject.

I agree that several of the moves this year are primarily for athletic gain, but there are hundreds of families who make legitimate moves every year in Kentucky. IMO, these kids should not be punished just to address the few who have other interests. You only get to be in high school once. You only have a few precious years to participate in competitive sports. That shouldn't be taken away because of a job transfer or better opportunity.

If you had a job transfer and your kid was between his/her junior and senior year, you may feel differently about this subject.

I agree that several of the moves this year are primarily for athletic gain, but there are hundreds of families who make legitimate moves every year in Kentucky. IMO, these kids should not be punished just to address the few who have other interests. You only get to be in high school once. You only have a few precious years to participate in competitive sports. That shouldn't be taken away because of a job transfer or better opportunity.

Good post.:thumb: I agree with everything you said.

You are absolutely correct on this one, you and I don't agree on many things. I agree with everything you said in this statement. GRC with Zollo will be better, and I stay with what I have always said, GRC has 3 basketball players now, Stenzel, Hatton, and Zollo that are proven talents. Much like Mason County, they have 2 players returning that are proven and a great sophomore and junior class. They have players returning that are State Champions:dancingpa, getting valuable experience on the AAU circuit. Each time the ball is in the air is critical for all of these kids I am talking about in their respective programs. I can't wait to see how it all develops. We have a motto at Mason County that we live by and that is Tradition Never Graduates:thumb:

I think you will be a bit surprised if you only think GRC has 3 basketball players. ;) :ylsuper:

The only person that I believe Mason has returning that can score on a consistent basis that played alot last year is Middleton. Downing was a nice role player last year but GRC is filled with those as well.

I'm still trying to figure out if the fieldhouse is good enough to hold that Junior / Senior all star game on Monday. :DYes, the 10th region will be back in the fieldhouse next year, WHERE IT BELONGS!

It is my understanding the the head honcho at WKYT had everything to do with this transfer. You might also want to remember that the kids foot is in a cast and sometimes injuries like that aren't so easy to bounce back from remember Derrick Jasper?

Not what I hear. It's the Campbell/Scott district's turn to vote and I hear that they are still trying to work out the legistics to have the 10th regional tournament at NKU's new place in 2008-09.

I'm not going to touch the rediculous "where it belongs" comment.

Not what I hear. It's the Campbell/Scott district's turn to vote and I hear that they are still trying to work out the legistics to have the 10th regional tournament at NKU's new place in 2008-09.

I'm not going to touch the rediculous "where it belongs" comment.

I have heard it was going to be at NKU as well, but it doesn't really matter. Just hope that the best possible place to have it is where it will be. :thumb:

I just think its bad for High School Basketball that players can come and go as they please. It may not be fair for the kids that would have to sit out but it is also not fair to the kids who have to ride the bench and get their minutes stolen by a player who wanted to move for basketball reasons.

Think about all the rules in life that are in place because of the few people that violate them. These rules are in place for the good of everyone. And I think that having a rule to make transfers sit out a year would benefit basketball as a whole.

I think you will be a bit surprised if you only think GRC has 3 basketball players. ;) :ylsuper:

The only person that I believe Mason has returning that can score on a consistent basis that played alot last year is Middleton. Downing was a nice role player last year but GRC is filled with those as well.

Downing was a role player last year because that is what the team needed. If State tournament was any indication, Downing will have a breakout year and show everyone how good he really is.

Setty, Pawsat, and Gilbert will all play big roles on the team next year as well, and all three can score. Ryan Hamm is also playing really well with the Shining Stars team this year. Mason County will be good, it is just yet to be determined how good.