How good is Ricky Bowling out of South Laurel

ROME

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I]Bowling looked great last year, but he does loose Wes King #2 5A rec. who's he going to hook up with this year....:confused: But i do expect him to do well he is another one that has been well Coached.:thumb:[/i]

Bowling is VERY good. Not very tall, but good command of his team. As far as losing WRs, he lost 5 very talented WRs the past few seasons, but managed to find a new target each year. Losing King is big, but losing Bingham, Cochis, Baker, Marcum, etc over 2 seasons was even bigger. Expect to see him throw more to Fields at the TE spot. Big strong target who has much improved quickness and hands plus Bubba Bailey.

Ricky Bowling looked good at last night's passing scrimmage, second day throwing after baseball season. Moved the ball well against Bell, Rock, Hazard, and Corbin, seem to have a bunch of kids that can catch and run at WR and in the backfield this season.

I was their too Rome. Mainly to check out North's progress which I was impressed with. Bowling is a great little player. Emphasis on little, he does have good accuracy and a decent arm, but no means strong. Lots of dropped balls for SL and some patterns that were behind the line of scrimage and thrown after about 8 seconds??? Bowling's size limits his ability down the road but he is a good HS QB that any team would want.

I really wish they had a play clock or something holding the ball that long is very unrealistic!!!

Also impressed with Bell's size and athlete's, although a big number of their skilled kids were not around they still looked like a good group. One of the coaches said they were missing 4 starters on offense and 4 on defense. Impressed wth their young QB as well.

Ricky Bowling is an "off the charts" high school quarterback. He sees it and can deliver it. His size is not a huge factor at the high school level, but it will be if he plays at the next level.

Ricky is worth the price of admission. Anyone who hasn't, ought to go watch this outstanding high school football player.

I was their too Rome. Mainly to check out North's progress which I was impressed with. Bowling is a great little player. Emphasis on little, he does have good accuracy and a decent arm, but no means strong. Lots of dropped balls for SL and some patterns that were behind the line of scrimage and thrown after about 8 seconds??? Bowling's size limits his ability down the road but he is a good HS QB that any team would want.

I really wish they had a play clock or something holding the ball that long is very unrealistic!!!

Also impressed with Bell's size and athlete's, although a big number of their skilled kids were not around they still looked like a good group. One of the coaches said they were missing 4 starters on offense and 4 on defense. Impressed wth their young QB as well.

I agree, North looked to be much improved. They could win as many as 4 gms in the fall.

Ricky Bowling is an "off the charts" high school quarterback. He sees it and can deliver it. His size is not a huge factor at the high school level, but it will be if he plays at the next level.

Ricky is worth the price of admission. Anyone who hasn't, ought to go watch this outstanding high school football player.

Did you know with 38 touchdown passes Ricky will break Tim Couch's state record of 133 td passes. He had 40 td passes in 11 gms last year. Looks to have some nice WR's and a really quick RB to throw to.

Did you know with 38 touchdown passes Ricky will break Tim Couch's state record of 133 td passes. He had 40 td passes in 11 gms last year. Looks to have some nice WR's and a really quick RB to throw to.

Barring injury, I would bet Ricky will break the record. If his team is good and can get deep into the playoffs, he is a lock.

Ricky looked great last night. I think he will have a great season. He has a lot of targets to throw at. I heard that south has a good line this year also.

All 5 starters

Ricky looked great last night. I think he will have a great season. He has a lot of targets to throw at. I heard that south has a good line this year also.

All 5 starters are back from last season on the OL, man it's goining to be a special season at South Laurel.

Look for TE Blake Fields to become a real go to guy for Bowling as he started to become the 2nd half of last season. Apparently, he has lost 20 lbs, gotten quicker, and really worked hard this off season. I was told he was invited to Auburn for a visit.

As for Bowling, I hope he breaks the record. It would be good to see a local boy break the record.

Look for TE Blake Fields to become a real go to guy for Bowling as he started to become the 2nd half of last season. Apparently, he has lost 20 lbs, gotten quicker, and really worked hard this off season. I was told he was invited to Auburn for a visit.

As for Bowling, I hope he breaks the record. It would be good to see a local boy break the record.

I agree, body wise Blake looked great. He looked alot faster, he cut better than before. He's lost 27 lbs total since the last gm at Pulaski Co. in the playoffs. I last saw him tuesday night at the passing scrimmage.