2008 Boyd County

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They need to find a run defense.Pass defense was good,if they can pick up where they left off with it.Offense...was good at moments,just needs to be alot more consistent.They could move the ball well on the ground and in the air,but not for 4 quarters.They lost some good talent in Justin Selby and Ryan Crisp,but they had a strong sophmore class last year with solid talent.If they sew up the holes in the ground "D" and pull the offense together for the whole game,they will be tough.I don't think they'll have the rough start like last year at any rate.I believe they have Zac wilson returning,who was not just a good QB,but he was also one of the biggest weapons in their pass defense.Boyd County also returns Donnie Bryant and Chase Miller who will be juniors in the fall,and they have both started to stand out.I think Greenup County lost more to graduation than Boyd County,and Rowan county,too was senior stong if I'm not mistakin,and I think Lawrece County will need a season to get things working for them.So,if my info is correct,I look for Boyd county to handle their district,but I said that last year.

• 1 month later...

Last year they first scrimmaged Belfry at Boyd and then went to Breathitt County and scrimmaged Letcher County Central in the first scrimmage before Breathitt scrimmaged Somerset. I just wondered if Boyd would be doing the same this year.

I saw some Boyd county players at a linemen camp. I was impressed with there BIG kid, he was probably around 6'7. Anyone have any info on him?

I believe you are talking about Zack Messer. He is around 6'8" - 6'9" and is about 300 lbs. He's their nose guard and I heard he is getting some looks from some colleges.

I heard that Zac Wilson was being moved to running back and Tyler Arthur was being moved to QB. Also heard Wilson will not be playing Defense because of the shoulder surgery he had last fall. Arthur is an up and coming star at BC I think he will be a SOPH this fall. Wilson will be dangerous if in fact they are moving him to RB

I hope this is not true. I can't see a school the size of Boyd County only having 24 football players.

I find this hard to believe as well Ram. Enrollment at Ashland HS has been dwindling for years now though...I believe the population in general for this area is probably not what it used to be either. Even still, one would think a program like BC would have more than a couple dozen young men show up to play. Perhaps there are others still particiapting in other sports right now??

I find this hard to believe as well Ram. Enrollment at Ashland HS has been dwindling for years now though...I believe the population in general for this area is probably not what it used to be either. Even still, one would think a program like BC would have more than a couple dozen young men show up to play. Perhaps there are others still particiapting in other sports right now??

And that sport would be what? Trap shooting? Putting up hay?

I feel sorry for Lee Evans if this is the case. Sad story at BC.