2008 Boyd County

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And that sport would be what? Trap shooting? Putting up hay?

Are there still summer baseball or basketball leagues? It seems like some sports have extra curricular periods of competition beyond the traditional seasons. LOL at the "putting up hay" suggestion though...

Ill find out if that is a total number. I was told 24 came out they didnt have much more than that last year. Hard to understand why.

Is Russell getting a lot of kids...they do have a nice program in that area.

Is Russell getting a lot of kids...they do have a nice program in that area.

I don't think there are many players transferring from Boyd Co to Russell, but Rose Hill is starting a new program about four miles from Boyd Co High School.

I don't think there are many players transferring from Boyd Co to Russell, but Rose Hill is starting a new program about four miles from Boyd Co High School.

I'm guessing Coach Ross still has several contacts in Boyd Co. so he could be getting some kids at Rose Hill.:walk:

I have'nt been able to check out any practices,but Boyd county had 64 players on the roster last year 9-12. 11 of them were seniors. I can't see Lee Evans running off 29 of his returning players plus however many freshmen they have this year. If there was a meltdown of this caliber, then everyone would have heard about it. I'm not sure why anyone would want to play Belfry one week, then Wayne the next, and the next week is your season opener. I'm not quetioning or anything, I'm just saying that I would'nt schedule 2 back to back physically brutal teams with no time to heal up before the real games.

I have'nt been able to check out any practices,but Boyd county had 64 players on the roster last year 9-12. 11 of them were seniors. I can't see Lee Evans running off 29 of his returning players plus however many freshmen they have this year. If there was a meltdown of this caliber, then everyone would have heard about it. I'm not sure why anyone would want to play Belfry one week, then Wayne the next, and the next week is your season opener. I'm not quetioning or anything, I'm just saying that I would'nt schedule 2 back to back physically brutal teams with no time to heal up before the real games.

It makes you strong young jeti.......

Edited by Ram
Rule 13