Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2008 Boyd County

Featured Replies

24 players might be the amount of returning upperclassmen, but not the total from 9-12 on the team.

  • Replies 31
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ill find out if that is a total number. I was told 24 came out they didnt have much more than that last year. Hard to understand why.

And that sport would be what? Trap shooting? Putting up hay?

 

Are there still summer baseball or basketball leagues? It seems like some sports have extra curricular periods of competition beyond the traditional seasons. LOL at the "putting up hay" suggestion though...

Ill find out if that is a total number. I was told 24 came out they didnt have much more than that last year. Hard to understand why.

 

Is Russell getting a lot of kids...they do have a nice program in that area.

Is Russell getting a lot of kids...they do have a nice program in that area.

I don't think there are many players transferring from Boyd Co to Russell, but Rose Hill is starting a new program about four miles from Boyd Co High School.

I don't think there are many players transferring from Boyd Co to Russell, but Rose Hill is starting a new program about four miles from Boyd Co High School.

 

I'm guessing Coach Ross still has several contacts in Boyd Co. so he could be getting some kids at Rose Hill.:walk:

Any new information concerning the dates and times for Boyd County's scrimmages?

They play at Belfry on 8/15/08. That's all I've found out so far.

I emailed the athletic director at Boyd Co. and got a reply on scrimmages.

 

Friday, Aug. 15 at Belfry, 7:00 pm.

Friday, Aug. 22 Wayne,WV at Boyd Co., 7:00 pm

When it comes time to play Boyd County will be ready I believe.

I have'nt been able to check out any practices,but Boyd county had 64 players on the roster last year 9-12. 11 of them were seniors. I can't see Lee Evans running off 29 of his returning players plus however many freshmen they have this year. If there was a meltdown of this caliber, then everyone would have heard about it. I'm not sure why anyone would want to play Belfry one week, then Wayne the next, and the next week is your season opener. I'm not quetioning or anything, I'm just saying that I would'nt schedule 2 back to back physically brutal teams with no time to heal up before the real games.

I would like to add that I too think Boyd County will be ready this season.

I have'nt been able to check out any practices,but Boyd county had 64 players on the roster last year 9-12. 11 of them were seniors. I can't see Lee Evans running off 29 of his returning players plus however many freshmen they have this year. If there was a meltdown of this caliber, then everyone would have heard about it. I'm not sure why anyone would want to play Belfry one week, then Wayne the next, and the next week is your season opener. I'm not quetioning or anything, I'm just saying that I would'nt schedule 2 back to back physically brutal teams with no time to heal up before the real games.

 

It makes you strong young jeti.......

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

I saw some practice yesterday and I would say 60-65 players 9-12. Sorry for that stupid number of 24. I hope they have good season.

Edited by STRIKE3
edited

I saw some practice yesterday and I would say 60-65 players 9-12. Sorry for that stupid number of 24. I hope they have good season.

That sounds a lot better. Glad to hear it.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.