Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UCLA-1, tO$U-3, UL-9, UK-19, IU-21, X-32, UC-40

Featured Replies

Inconsistent? I guess, if you count 1 bad year.

 

2008: 21

2007: 13 (Counting Legion) (Gillispie's class)

2006: 16

2005: NR

2004: 1

2003: 18

 

Even if you give UK a 40 in 2005. You have a 16, a 1, a 40 and an 18.

 

Average: 18.75

 

If you wanna compare, Tubby had a better class 3 of his last 4 years than Gillispie's class this year that he is being praised for.

 

And that includes a #1.

 

Take out Liggins, which it appears will be the case, and the "master recruiter" Gillispie will not have outrecruited Tubby yet. Oh, and BTW, Tubby beat him this year too, at Minnesota.

 

I'm no Tubby Basher but what does that say for his coaching abilities? With those classes why were '06 and '07 such nightmares?

  • Replies 31
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The rich get richer...

 

7. North Carolina 4 Recruits: Tyler Zeller 7-foot-1 C Washington (H.S.) IN; Ed Davis 6-foot-9 PF Richmond Benedictine (Va.); Larry Drew 6-foot PG Woodland Hills Taft (Calif.); Justin Watts 6-foot-3 SG Durham C.E. Jordan (N.C.)

 

:dancingpa :banana: :dancingpa :banana:

I really like what I saw from Davis and Drew, but Zeller did nothing for me. He's got a long way to go IMO...

Inconsistent? I guess, if you count 1 bad year.

 

2008: 21

2007: 13 (Counting Legion) (Gillispie's class)

2006: 16

2005: NR

2004: 1

2003: 18

 

Even if you give UK a 40 in 2005. You have a 16, a 1, a 40 and an 18.

 

Average: 18.75

 

If you wanna compare, Tubby had a better class 3 of his last 4 years than Gillispie's class this year that he is being praised for.

 

And that includes a #1.

 

Take out Liggins, which it appears will be the case, and the "master recruiter" Gillispie will not have outrecruited Tubby yet. Oh, and BTW, Tubby beat him this year too, at Minnesota.

 

Billy G. did a great job in getting Patterson. He got in late for 08 but still landed Liggins and Miller. He did get some Juco help, but that will not be the norm. He is a very good recruiter. If the previous staff had given half the effort that this staff does, after they lost a Hansbrough or Wright, then they all would still be here and would have had better seasons in 05-06 and 06-07.

If UK gets Liggins eligible it is looking like a pretty good class. Not great, but coming off getting Patrick Patterson and then 2 more younger 5 star guys, Gillispie is doing a very well with recruiting.

I am really worried about Villarino, as I have said before. I hope he decommits. I'd love to have John Wall and either Orton or Favors, but all 3 will be tough to get.

I do think in the 08 class that Gillispie got 3 very athletic and long wing players and some help inside, but who knows how much.

I really like what I saw from Davis and Drew, but Zeller did nothing for me. He's got a long way to go IMO...

 

Know anything on the Watts kid?

I really like what I saw from Davis and Drew, but Zeller did nothing for me. He's got a long way to go IMO...
I agree, Zeller is fool's gold at this point (but you already knew that.)

 

If you drop Louisville from top 5 to 9th on the basis of Bolding signing elsewhere, someone in HR needs to take a good, hard look at your paycheck.

Know anything on the Watts kid?

Didn't get to see him to evaluate...

I have only seen Zeller once, and what I saw was potential down the road. IMO by his sophomore year he will be tough to handle.

 

I was also very impressed by Larry Drew. Hes not Ty Lawson, but he fits in well with UNC.

Where will they end up without Liggins???[/quote

 

If no Liggins Kentuckys rating goes way down IMO!

How's this guy usually do at rankings?

How's this guy usually do at rankings?

IMO he's one of the worst in the business...

  • Author
IMO he's one of the worst in the business...

And also one of your biggest competitors. :rolleyes:

And also one of your biggest competitors. :rolleyes:

If that was my theory I wouldn't think Telep is the best in the business...

Inconsistent? I guess, if you count 1 bad year.

 

2008: 21

2007: 13 (Counting Legion) (Gillispie's class)

2006: 16

2005: NR

2004: 1

2003: 18

 

Even if you give UK a 40 in 2005. You have a 16, a 1, a 40 and an 18.

 

Average: 18.75

 

If you wanna compare, Tubby had a better class 3 of his last 4 years than Gillispie's class this year that he is being praised for.

 

And that includes a #1.

 

Take out Liggins, which it appears will be the case, and the "master recruiter" Gillispie will not have outrecruited Tubby yet. Oh, and BTW, Tubby beat him this year too, at Minnesota.

 

 

You and I both know those numbers don't tell the whole story there...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.