Greenup County 4 Boyd County 0

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He signed with Morehead last year. Drafted I have no idea.

I would imagine he'd have to go fairly high looking at his numbers, and considering he's a lefty. I'd love to see the Reds take a shot at him. They faired pretty well the last time they took a young lefty from Greenup County.

I would imagine he'd have to go fairly high looking at his numbers, and considering he's a lefty. I'd love to see the Reds take a shot at him. They faired pretty well the last time they took a young lefty from Greenup County.
Dont get me wrong Tyler is great, but I'm not sure we can talk about him in the same way we talk about Gullett. Don had a 100mph fast ball, I think Tyler is in the upper 80's. I'm not sure about getting drafted, but you are right. I have to think that someone would take a chance on a good lefty with size.:thumb:

Dont get me wrong Tyler is great, but I'm not sure we can talk about him in the same way we talk about Gullett. Don had a 100mph fast ball, I think Tyler is in the upper 80's. I'm not sure about getting drafted, but you are right. I have to think that someone would take a chance on a good lefty with size.:thumb:

Thanks for the info. I've never really seen the kid pitch, and I knew that Don Gullett was a rare breed, but I would think Tyler is definitely worth taking a shot on. I'd hate to see him turn out to be another Brandon Webb, and the Reds miss out again.

Thanks for the info. I've never really seen the kid pitch, and I knew that Don Gullett was a rare breed, but I would think Tyler is definitely worth taking a shot on. I'd hate to see him turn out to be another Brandon Webb, and the Reds miss out again.
Amen, the funny thing is, Webb wasnt that dominate in H.S. either, So your point is well taken. I think with the right help Tyler could play at a high level.

:thumb: I agree that he is not in Gullet's class but he is a very good pitcher. I wish him nothing but the best and hope that he gets a great scholly if he wants to go that (college) route.

What all looks has he been getting, any college offers? I would think that he would have plenty.

If Tyler pans out the Reds wont miss out on this one he is going to be playing in college for a highly respected former Reds organization coach. He is nowhere ready to be drafted right now, but neither was Brandon Webb coming out of high school.

:thumb: I agree that he is not in Gullet's class but he is a very good pitcher. I wish him nothing but the best and hope that he gets a great scholly if he wants to go that (college) route.

What all looks has he been getting, any college offers? I would think that he would have plenty.

He had given a verbal to Morehead as a Jr. but I'm guessing he has had many looks since then.

He is one of the most talented pitchers to come through this area in a long time. I think that there are some scouts that have seen him throw and liked what they saw. Given his attitude and work ethic, I think he has a great future ahead.