Greenup County 4 Boyd County 0

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Baseball east of Lexington is as weak as I have seen it in the last 15 years.

Maybe true, or not. However, what is the point of this statement? If it's to diminish Greenup, then bad move.

Baseball east of Lexington is as weak as I have seen it in the last 15 years.
It might be weak but GC has traveled all year to play top teams in the state, and still finished with only 6 loses. So as you maybe right. What is your point. I hope it is not saying that GC will get killed in the State tourney. If it is I hope you like the taste of foot in your mouth.

Maybe true, or not. However, what is the point of this statement? If it's to diminish Greenup, then bad move.

Not the point at all, dont take it so personal, just an opinion, has more to do with Russell playing for the region championship. And GC advancing despite only getting 2 hits (both singles) I have no dog in the fight, just want the region to be well represented at the state level, east Ky. had a rough go last year at Applebee but since sec. 7 & 8 play each other one will win by default.

It might be weak but GC has traveled all year to play top teams in the state, and still finished with only 6 loses. So as you maybe right. What is your point. I hope it is not saying that GC will get killed in the State tourney. If it is I hope you like the taste of foot in your mouth.

You guys are taking this way to personal, but since your calling me out, Im sure you know what a foot tastes like after that showing at the state tourny last year.:D

You guys are taking this way to personal, but since your calling me out, Im sure you know what a foot tastes like after that showing at the state tourny last year.:D

Again poor point, why would anyone from Greenup have a bad taste in their mouth? They were at Applebee's, all the others were sitting at home.

I personally think the 15th Region would tear the 16th Region up after watching the semi-finals of the 16th last night. Greenup's pitcher looked good, but Boyd's Pitcher allowed less hits in my mind. Boyd looked very young and a fan in the stands said they started a few Freshmen. I believe they said Greenup was a bit young as well, so that might be the reason as well. Lawrence County would have their way with any of these teams that played last night.

I personally think the 15th Region would tear the 16th Region up after watching the semi-finals of the 16th last night. Greenup's pitcher looked good, but Boyd's Pitcher allowed less hits in my mind. Boyd looked very young and a fan in the stands said they started a few Freshmen. I believe they said Greenup was a bit young as well, so that might be the reason as well. Lawrence County would have their way with any of these teams that played last night.

To begin with not too many games have an hour and a hlf delay and then are played to 7 innings (3 of which were in a good drizzle/rain), so were both teams at the top of their games - no. As for the 15th tearing up the 16th, I believe GC and LC split this year.

To begin with not too many games have an hour and a hlf delay and then are played to 7 innings (3 of which were in a good drizzle/rain), so were both teams at the top of their games - no. As for the 15th tearing up the 16th, I believe GC and LC split this year.

I was at the game before the rain, so I got to see about 6 innings of baseball, and both teams were pitching their aces. Both teams were decent but not as good or as strong as the past. When I left it was pouring of rain, and the game should have been called and I assumed it would be, but was surprised to see that the Umps let them finish this game, especially as important as the game was. I still say LC is much better and think the 16th Region will have a hard time advancing at the State Level.

Again poor point, why would anyone from Greenup have a bad taste in their mouth? They were at Applebee's, all the others were sitting at home.

Being at Applebees for one year, or even two in a row doesnt make you a king of the Region. Win a title then you have bragging rights for a while. I do however believe that Greenup is on the upswing by hiring Logan. He is a classy coach that will make good things happen, possibly even a title eventually.

Not the point at all, dont take it so personal, just an opinion, has more to do with Russell playing for the region championship. And GC advancing despite only getting 2 hits (both singles) I have no dog in the fight, just want the region to be well represented at the state level, east Ky. had a rough go last year at Applebee but since sec. 7 & 8 play each other one will win by default.

Boyd Countys pitcher Logan Helmes got clocked at 88 during the game. He is a good pitcher and GC scored 4 runs off him, so not to bad. Its not like they were facing someone throwing mid 70's and only got two hits.

Being at Applebees for one year, or even two in a row doesnt make you a king of the Region. Win a title then you have bragging rights for a while. I do however believe that Greenup is on the upswing by hiring Logan. He is a classy coach that will make good things happen, possibly even a title eventually.

I think you must be a Boyd Co fan, that is upset about the loss, you can blame it on the rain, you can blame it on any thing that you want to, but in the end Greenup Co came out on top. Every one from Boyd is saying that the game should have been stopped and finished on Wednesday, but we would have had the same outcome. I think you are forgetting that there were two teams that played in the rain and the best team won. So I think that you need to get the bad taste out of your mouth and move on.

I was at the game before the rain, so I got to see about 6 innings of baseball, and both teams were pitching their aces. Both teams were decent but not as good or as strong as the past. When I left it was pouring of rain, and the game should have been called and I assumed it would be, but was surprised to see that the Umps let them finish this game, especially as important as the game was. I still say LC is much better and think the 16th Region will have a hard time advancing at the State Level.

I believe that LC beat GC 5 - 2 in the first game of the season for GC then about 3/4 of the way through the season GC beat LC (ranked # 21 at the time)9 - 4 and the next weekend played a tour. in Lexington and won 3 games where one of those teams was ranked # 12 at the time and GC hasn't been beaten since. They may not win another game but up to this point I think they have represented GC and the 16th pretty well state wide. P.S. They also beat Wheelersburg, OH which was unbeaten and ranked #2 in OH.

Boyd had their chance in the 3 or 4 inning. When thier Frosh second baseman got on with hit. Boyd had no outs and thier top of the order up, but Boyd could not move the runner over. I thought that was a turning point in the game. Also when Frosh catcher hit Logan in the arm or back while trying to throw him out at first. The game should of been 0-0 in the sixth. Boyd made several good plays in the four or fifth though. Great game. I sure everybody would have like to seen it play in better conditions, but we didn't. Ump's decision. Helms and Heineman looked like the two best pitchers in the region. Helms looked to be throwing about 3-5 miles faster than Heineman.

Edited by bluekyblue
spelling

I think you must be a Boyd Co fan, that is upset about the loss, you can blame it on the rain, you can blame it on any thing that you want to, but in the end Greenup Co came out on top. Every one from Boyd is saying that the game should have been stopped and finished on Wednesday, but we would have had the same outcome. I think you are forgetting that there were two teams that played in the rain and the best team won. So I think that you need to get the bad taste out of your mouth and move on.

Hate to tell you, but you are really off on your assumptions. Just a observer of a baseball game, with no interest to me but watching good baseball. Both teams decent, but definetly not the normal 16th region team of the past. Call it how you want, but the proof is in the pudding.