Jason Maxiell Eats Babies

How do you think I felt? :cry: :lol:

Kenyon crumbling in a heap in a totally meaningless game was my worst sports moment ever. I really wanted to throw up...

I feel your pain. As a Red Sox, UK, Browns fan I know. I suffered through the 1986 WS, playoff losses in 88,90,95,98, 99 and 03 in baseball. The Drive and The Fumble with the Browns and Laettner, and innumerable bad football losses with UK before my teams finally broke through. Getting divorced wasn't as hard as some of those. :lol::lol::lol:

It just makes your team finally winning so much better. That is something bandwagon fans will never experience.

I'd take that UC team with Kenyon healthy over the MSU team that won 9 out of 10 times... :irked:

Yup.... :cry:

I may be wrong, but I don't often think it was in question that year. Even when they weren't #1 in the country, the widespread thought was that Cincinnati was a step ahead of everyone else that year.

Max was great... I always looked at is as like the torch being passed from year to year as the guy that defined UC was the undersized blue collar post player that usually focused on rebounding and shot blocking, and the scoring would develop over their careers. Oh they usually had biceps as big as your head too...

Yup.... :cry:

I may be wrong, but I don't often think it was in question that year. Even when they weren't #1 in the country, the widespread thought was that Cincinnati was a step ahead of everyone else that year.

Max was great... I always looked at is as like the torch being passed from year to year as the guy that defined UC was the undersized blue collar post player that usually focused on rebounding and shot blocking, and the scoring would develop over their careers. Oh they usually had biceps as big as your head too...

I think that's the difference between UC basketball then and now. UC is now turning in to a team that resembles every other team in the Big East. While I'm glad they are because they finally can compete for championships, I sure do miss those tough nose D Huggins teams.

My favorite team of all time was probably the KMart, Pete Mickeal, Levett, Brannen, Johnson, Tate, etc team. Only one went on to be a superstar but IMO that team had more heart than any other UC team I saw.

If only Max and Hicks could have had a few more guys with the same passion as them for the game around them.

Maxiell might eat babies, but he was afraid of Elis Myles... ;)

And they both take a back seat to Hicks in that department.

Who takes a back seat to Hicks in what department?

And that block Max had on KG was nasty...