Track the Reds (Week 9)

The Reds haven’t won eight in a row at home since Aug. 1-15, 1995, when the team played at Cinergy Field. That was the last season the Reds, currently in last place in the NL Central, won their division.

Ian Snell (2-3, 4.84 ERA) went 2-0 in his first three starts this season, but hasn’t won since allowing three runs in 6 1-3 innings of a 4-3 victory over the Reds on April 12. Snell is 3-4 with a 5.18 ERA in eight starts against Cincinnati.

The Reds will counter with Johnny Cueto (2-5, 5.56), who has one win in his last nine starts.

The 22-year-old rookie right-hander allowed four runs - two earned - and seven hits in five innings, while throwing a career-high 114 pitches in a 5-2 loss to the Los Angeles Dodgers on Wednesday.

The Reds are expected to call up outfielder Jay Bruce, considered one of the top prospects in baseball, for this contest. Bruce, 21, was hitting .364 with 10 home runs and 37 RBIs in 49 games at Triple-A Louisville.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/preview?gid=280527117

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I can feel a 3 game losing streak for the Reds this weekend.:fire:

I like Volquez's chances on Friday, but other than that the matchups are in Atlanta's favor.

I like Volquez's chances on Friday, but other than that the matchups are in Atlanta's favor.

Braves already faced him once. He gave up 2 runs I believe. Pitched pretty solid though.

Belisle also pitched well against Atlanta even though the Reds lost. He only gave up 2 runs in 5 1/3 innings.

What I expected. I think Patterson is actually the father of Dusty's youngest son... :lol:

Or perhaps he is Dusty's son. :D Also because of Patterson my little boy said the word sucks for the first time yesterday. My wife has banned me from watching the Reds in the same room as the kids. :irked: