Dropping Weight

Neers 44

Suddenly I'm dropping weight without really trying, it happens from time to time without an obvious cause, my question is what specifically can I do to make sure that while I'm dropping weight I'll also be dropping a few sizes in my waist? Is there anything particular that can be done to get me fitting into some of my old clothes?

It's easier said than done. But if you are taking in a lot of sugar, stop immediately. That means cut out soda's, candy, etc. Those are all very bad for you if your goal is to shed lbs and cut inches off of the waste. I'd recommend stepping up the cardio workouts each week to 30-minutes or more per day. Increase the intensity of the workouts when you can.

Also try not to eat a ton of carbohydrates. Exchanging white bread for wheat bread is good, and stay away from the pastas and pizza. Eat 5-6 small meals each day instead of 3 large meals. Eat a breakfast, have snack before lunch, have lunch, get a snack before dinner, have dinner, and then maybe even a small healthy snack before bed. When you go to sleep your body is basically fasting for 7-8 hours, so eating a small healthy snack before bed isn't always a bad thing. Just make sure it's not a candy bar, or little debbie :lol:. That's about all I got. I always tell my friend who are trying to lose weight to follow these steps, and they'll do fine. I helped one friend lost 30 lbs (he quit the diet/workout I gave him though and gained it all back).

It's easier said than done. But if you are taking in a lot of sugar, stop immediately. That means cut out soda's, candy, etc. Those are all very bad for you if your goal is to shed lbs and cut inches off of the waste. I'd recommend stepping up the cardio workouts each week to 30-minutes or more per day. Increase the intensity of the workouts when you can.

Also try not to eat a ton of carbohydrates. Exchanging white bread for wheat bread is good, and stay away from the pastas and pizza. Eat 5-6 small meals each day instead of 3 large meals. Eat a breakfast, have snack before lunch, have lunch, get a snack before dinner, have dinner, and then maybe even a small healthy snack before bed. When you go to sleep your body is basically fasting for 7-8 hours, so eating a small healthy snack before bed isn't always a bad thing. Just make sure it's not a candy bar, or little debbie :lol:. That's about all I got. I always tell my friend who are trying to lose weight to follow these steps, and they'll do fine. I helped one friend lost 30 lbs (he quit the diet/workout I gave him though and gained it all back).

Thanks for the info, I've already lost about 20+ pounds in over the last few weeks, now just hoping to trim some around the waist.

I cut out fast food(I do eat some breakfast fast food but nothing deep fried) drop my soda intake to one a month and do not eat after 7pn. Total pounds shed 6 pounds since Jan.

I've heard somewhere before that it actually doesn't matter the time of day that your last meal is, as long as you don't go to bed for at least an hour to an hour and a half after your meal. So you could eat at 8:00 pm and be fine, as long as you didn't lay down for bed before 9:30.

The unfortunate thing about weight loss is that you can't really control the part of your body where you lose the weight. And, if you're like me, you lose weight in your face, arms, legs, back, neck, shoulders - and then when you're about to give up, you finally lose a few pounds from the stomach and waist. It seems like those come after everything else.

I cut out fast food(I do eat some breakfast fast food but nothing deep fried) drop my soda intake to one a month and do not eat after 7pn. Total pounds shed 6 pounds since Jan.

As halfback said you shouldn't go that long without eating something. If you don't eat after 7pm, go to bed at 9 or 10 and don't get up until 6 or so the next morning then you are forcing your body into starvation mode. During the day you should eat about every 3-4 hours depending on what you eat and how much of it you eat. I always try to eat an 8oz cup of low fat yogurt around 9 then go to bed about 10.

The unfortunate thing about weight loss is that you can't really control the part of your body where you lose the weight. And, if you're like me, you lose weight in your face, arms, legs, back, neck, shoulders - and then when you're about to give up, you finally lose a few pounds from the stomach and waist. It seems like those come after everything else.

I think that is probably true of about everyone. The first of Jan I started a 10 week weight loss competition. I was at 192 when we started. After the 10 weeks I was at 160. During the 10 weeks I did weight watchers with my wife and only did cardio. I would usually do 40-60 mins a day 6 days a week. The mid section was the last to really start to go. Since the contest ending in mid March I decreased my cardio, started lifting, and increased my food intake. I pretty much eat what I want now, I am stronger then I have been in years, and I weight 156lbs.

I think the biggest struggle people have with losing the mid section fat and toning it up is putting in the work. They don't want to do the cardio or the ab workouts to achieve their goal. There is no magic formula to doing it except for hard work.

I spoke with a gut who is a health nut about this.

He is 50 plus still benches over 400 and has a body that causes the ladies to get excited. He said he never eats after 6 pm and gets up around 4am. He went on to say that this was told to him by a Nutritionist at a very young age. It works for him.

I spoke with a gut who is a health nut about this.

He is 50 plus still benches over 400 and has a body that causes the ladies to get excited. He said he never eats after 6 pm and gets up around 4am. He went on to say that this was told to him by a Nutritionist at a very young age. It works for him.

He's 50 and still benches over 400? How big is this guy?

My secret is eating healthy, not drinking soda, replacing a 12-pack with a pint and only doing that few and far between, working out 5 times a week, and getting cardio as often as possible through sports or simply hopping on the treadmill.