• Spurs in 6
    • Lakers in 6
    • Spurs in 7
    • Lakers in 7

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone and everyone knows that the defending champion Spurs play much better basketball in the playoffs. Ask the Suns and Hornets.

The colored goggles theories are hypocritical and ignorant IMO. There are plenty of Laker fans on this site who are just as biased, if not MORE biased than the few Spurs fans around. So why don't we drop the ridiculous and useless "colored glasses" comments.

I could say the same things that you said about the Spurs, only replace them with Lakers and Laker fans. Everyone here who has a favorite team is biased whether you like it or not.

Example:

Seriously, Laker fans should take off their yellow and purple goggles and realize their team is about to face off with the DEFENDING CHAMPIONS. The Hornets are a much different team than the Lakers. The Hornets might have exposed some weaknesses in games 1, 2, and 5, but did you notice how the Spurs adapted? Spurs lose games 1, 2...adapt...dominate games 3 and 4. Lose game 5 away, dominate game 6 at home and then finish the Hornets off on the road. The Spurs might lose the his series, who knows? But I will not count them out until it's over.

:thumb:

Anyone and everyone knows that the defending champion Spurs play much better basketball in the playoffs. Ask the Suns and Hornets.

Not against the Lakers they don't. A little history for you. The only three times the Spurs have met the Lakers in the conference finals, they have been sent home while the Lakers went on to win the title.

The Suns play NO defense what so ever and the Hornets are a very young inexperienced team and the Spurs still needed 7 games to beat them.

The colored goggles theories are hypocritical and ignorant IMO. There are plenty of Laker fans on this site who are just as biased, if not MORE biased than the few Spurs fans around. So why don't we drop the ridiculous and useless "colored glasses" comments.

I could say the same things that you said about the Spurs, only replace them with Lakers and Laker fans. Everyone here who has a favorite team is biased whether you like it or not.

Example:

Seriously, Laker fans should take off their yellow and purple goggles and realize their team is about to face off with the DEFENDING CHAMPIONS. The Hornets are a much different team than the Lakers. The Hornets might have exposed some weaknesses in games 1, 2, and 5, but did you notice how the Spurs adapted? Spurs lose games 1, 2...adapt...dominate games 3 and 4. Lose game 5 away, dominate game 6 at home and then finish the Hornets off on the road. The Spurs might lose this series, who knows? But I will not count them out until it's over.

You can boast all you want about the "defending champs, all mighty Spurs, etc", but the fact remains the only time the Spurs met the Lakers with Gasol in the lineup was a blow out in an important game.

And do you not think the Lakers are able to adapt just as well when they have a coach like Phil Jackson? I have no dog in this fight like some of the other posters on here. I'm just simply stating the way you talk about the Spurs, I'm surprised they aren't 8-0 right now heading in to the conference finals. The Lakers have the best record in the playoffs for a reason. They're legit. Get over it.

I want the Lakers to win, but I'm guessing the Spurs will win in 7.

I think this Lakers team has the pieces in place to go on a run of multiple championships, but I think they might be a year away. This season and this playoff run regardless of how it ends is going to be valuable experience for Los Angeles. They're a very good team right now, and capable of winning the title, but the great news as a fan of the team is they don't have all their key players right now, and they've only had Gasol in the fold for a few months. With a whole off-season and regular season with Gasol, it could make this team even more efficient offensively...also, Bynum is emerging as a premiere center in the league, so if he can return at 100%, this team is going to be loaded and set for several years, IMO.

Nothing is certain, but they have positioned themselves, IMO, to be the favorite to win the NBA title for several years barring something disastrous.

I want the Lakers to win, but I'm guessing the Spurs will win in 7.

I think this Lakers team has the pieces in place to go on a run of multiple championships, but I think they might be a year away. This season and this playoff run regardless of how it ends is going to be valuable experience for Los Angeles. They're a very good team right now, and capable of winning the title, but the great news as a fan of the team is they don't have all their key players right now, and they've only had Gasol in the fold for a few months. With a whole off-season and regular season with Gasol, it could make this team even more efficient offensively...also, Bynum is emerging as a premiere center in the league, so if he can return at 100%, this team is going to be loaded and set for several years, IMO.

Nothing is certain, but they have positioned themselves, IMO, to be the favorite to win the NBA title for several years barring something disastrous.

I agree. What some people don't realize is they've played practically almost the whole year without two startes in Ariza and Bynum and still had the best record in the West and have the best playoff record. Can you imagine what the Lakers would be like with Bryant, Odom, Gasol, Bynum, Fisher and then Ariza, Radmonovich (sp?), Walton, Farmar, etc off the bench?

IF the Lakers don't win the NBA finals this year, they should certainly be the favorite next year.

Not against the Lakers they don't. A little history for you. The only three times the Spurs have met the Lakers in the conference finals, they have been sent home while the Lakers went on to win the title.

The Suns play NO defense what so ever and the Hornets are a very young inexperienced team and the Spurs still needed 7 games to beat them.

You can boast all you want about the "defending champs, all mighty Spurs, etc", but the fact remains the only time the Spurs met the Lakers with Gasol in the lineup was a blow out in an important game.

And do you not think the Lakers are able to adapt just as well when they have a coach like Phil Jackson? I have no dog in this fight like some of the other posters on here. I'm just simply stating the way you talk about the Spurs, I'm surprised they aren't 8-0 right now heading in to the conference finals. The Lakers have the best record in the playoffs for a reason. They're legit. Get over it.

Thanks for the history lesson. I got one of those earlier in the playoffs when someone told me the Spurs had never came back from a 2-0 deficit in the playoffs. Oops.

Those Lakers that sent the Spurs home in the conference finals...had a very dominant Shaq, right? These Lakers...do not.

When the series was 2-0 everyone was talking up how the Hornets being younger helped them...now it hurt them? Which is it? I am confused.

You are absolutely correct that in the one game the Spurs played the Lakers WITH Gasol, they got blown out. One thing you choose to leave out of that example is the fact that Manu Ginobili did NOT play. Did you think I did not know that, or that I would forget? Or did you just try to pick and choose things out of that game to make your example look better? Oops, again. :lol:

Never said the Lakers weren't legit. I believe they are a good team. But I also believe the defending champion Spurs are better. The way you talk, I'm surprised the Lakers have even lost a game during the playoffs. The Lakers have the best playoff record for a reason. That reason is that they have played the weakest teams. Give them the Hornets and Suns and they have lost more at this point, IMO. The Spurs are legit too. Get over it.

Thanks for the history lesson. I got one of those earlier in the playoffs when someone told me the Spurs had never came back from a 2-0 deficit in the playoffs. Oops.

Those Lakers that sent the Spurs home in the conference finals...had a very dominant Shaq, right? These Lakers...do not.

When the series was 2-0 everyone was talking up how the Hornets being younger helped them...now it hurt them? Which is it? I am confused.

You are absolutely correct that in the one game the Spurs played the Lakers WITH Gasol, they got blown out. One thing you choose to leave out of that example is the fact that Manu Ginobili did NOT play. Did you think I did not know that, or that I would forget? Or did you just try to pick and choose things out of that game to make your example look better? Oops, again. :lol:

Never said the Lakers weren't legit. I believe they are a good team. But I also believe the defending champion Spurs are better. The way you talk, I'm surprised the Lakers have even lost a game during the playoffs. The Lakers have the best playoff record for a reason. That reason is that they have played the weakest teams. Give them the Hornets and Suns and they have lost more at this point, IMO. The Spurs are legit too. Get over it.

1. These Lakers don't have Shaq but they have a more versatile player in Gasol who can be just as dominant and oh he actually makes his foul shots.

2. Experience will beat out youth in a big game (game 7) any day. If you look I wasn't one of those talking about the Hornets when they got up 2-0. Getting up 2-0 was probably bad for them because being inexperienced they didn't know how to finish.

3. Ginobili hasn't been that successful against the Lakers anyways. He averaged just 14 ppg against them this year which is his 3rd lowest average when it comes to Western Conference teams.

4. Weak competition? When you finish with the best record in the league aren't you supposed to be rewarded in the playoffs. Also the Spurs were 4-4 during the regular season against this weak competition that you speak of where as the Lakers were 5-3 against the Spurs first two opponents. :sssh: