2008 Covington Catholic

bugatti

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the most important thing CCH needs to establish and develop is the o-line and d-line. Games are won in the trenches and truly for any team to be success they have to be decent up front, especially in the district they play in. Just my opinion...

I believe the most important thing CCH needs to establish and develop is the o-line and d-line. Games are won in the trenches and truly for any team to be success they have to be decent up front, especially in the district they play in. Just my opinion...

I agree you need to be strong on both lines, but CovCath normaly is. With the exception of last year, the O-line is very solid year in and year out, and it will be this year. As I said in another post, the D-line, over the past 3 years, has been the most consistant part of the team. I don't see how they could improve much more. Where they need to improve this year is leadership both players and coaches and in the passing game. Last year was a struggle because of the new offense and the quarterback controversy. The starting QB was not solidified until the 2nd or 3rd game. The offense team didn't click until midway thru the season, a was inconsistant all the way thru. That won't be the case this year. Isler is the starter and with Vansant, Robinson, Vogt, Deglow, Deters, and Keene at the skilled postions, (I am not sure where Furnish fits in, but I am sure he will contribute) and the current O-line, consiting of 3 jrs and 2 seniors, the team should get off to a good start and not look back. The D-line will be solid again this year. The LB's may take a little while to come together, but should be very good. The big question will be the D-backs. Vansant will most likely play both ways (will he play LB or FS?) which will help a lot, but I think there are some questions at the CB spots. I think it will all work out by Aug 30. It should be a good year for CovCath.

Awful quiet by the CovCath supporters. Perhaps its a coincidence; perhaps its because the CovCath fans have lost their passion for football or are gun-shy after last year; or perhaps Coach Brossart has made it be known to the CovCath supporters that he doesn't want much info disclosed on here. Any other theories?

Awful quiet by the CovCath supporters. Perhaps its a coincidence; perhaps its because the CovCath fans have lost their passion for football or are gun-shy after last year; or perhaps Coach Brossart has made it be known to the CovCath supporters that he doesn't want much info disclosed on here. Any other theories?

Coach B said don't respond to any theories by anyone named leatherneck :sssh: :lol:

I don't know what's going on, I guess the BGP class of 2007 (aka those of us who are really close to the high school) are gone. I only went to one game this year (the crushing defeat by Highlands) and I simply don't have that many contacts within the football program. I wish/hope that we have some posters here that can still update us frequently.

I heard that all the CovCath fans are eating at each others houses every night, as an "Unit" and don't have time to post.:D

Coach B said don't respond to any theories by anyone named leatherneck :sssh: :lol:

I don't know what's going on, I guess the BGP class of 2007 (aka those of us who are really close to the high school) are gone. I only went to one game this year (the crushing defeat by Highlands) and I simply don't have that many contacts within the football program. I wish/hope that we have some posters here that can still update us frequently.

Daggone that Brossart, he's on to me. :D

I do like Ram's theory though. :thumb:

We are here and doing quite well actully. Many of the casual fans haven't turned their attention to football quite yet. The baseball team has been ranked #1 in NKY most of the year and is in the midst of the regionals.

As far as football goes, I would expect year two to be an improvement over year one under Brossart. With his system in place and the players knowing what to expect from him, things are looking up. CovCath again plays a monster schedule, second to none in the state of Kentucky. If they can survive mentally and physically, a playoff matchup with Highlands likely looms. The winner has a great shot at the state title. Same story lines CovCath has looked at for the past 20 years or so.

And besides, I know the going on's in Park Hills are closely followed in Ft. Thomas. It's not like there are any secrets out there.

That's a good one:laugh:....anyway Coach Brossart is a good guy and the kids think highly of him. I think that will help a lot this year.

That's a good one:laugh:....anyway Coach Brossart is a good guy and the kids think highly of him. I think that will help a lot this year.

That's what I hear from my CovCath buddies.

Maybe people at Cov Cath don't feel the need to talk non-stop about the football season or what is coming up, we know what we have why do we need to tell everyone about it. If they want to find out they will wait for the season to watch us play, and form their own opinion on how good we are. But this spring Cov Cath has been working very hard for the upcoming season....

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

Maybe people at cov cath don't feel the need to talk non-stop about the football season or what is coming up, we know what we have why do we need to tell everyone about it. If they want to find out they will wait for the season to watch us play, and form their own opinion on how good we are. But this spring cov cath has been working very hard for the upcoming season....

A wee bit testy today are we? You don't need to tell everyone anything. Nonetheless the purpose of these threads is for those that want to talk about the upcoming season and get us fellow football junkies through the off season (that's why Bugatti started them). And my post was primarily tongue in cheek in response to a post made by Colonel-fan when the 2008 Highlands thread was started. No one from Highlands had posted in the first couple of hours and Colonel-fan was having a little fun pointing such out. But if you don't want to post and talk about your upcoming team, then by all means, don't.

I'm glad that CovCath has been working hard this spring; I have much respect for CovCath's program (as most CovCath people on here are well aware) and would expect nothing less from the CovCath players and coaches than hard work. I have total confidence that CovCath will have another outstanding team this year and in my opinion, they are the favorite to win 5A this year. With their returning qb and most of their offensive line (which will be huge and quick) they have to be the favorite.