Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

In the eyes of God, which is worse?

Which is worse in the eyes of God? 35 members have voted

  1. 1. Which is worse in the eyes of God?

    • homosexual sex
      22%
      8
    • premarital sex
      0%
      0
    • both are equally wrong
      51%
      18
    • neither - God loves everyone the same
      20%
      7
    • other - for which I will explain
      5%
      2

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I try not to judge anyone, it's hard, but I try. If I see or hear something I don't approve of I simply change the channel, turn the radio off or remove myself from the situation. I don't really believe anyone can push anything on me that I don't want. I certainly don't want to be walking down the street and see a homosexual couple getting getting intimate in public just like I wouldn't like to see a hetrosexual couple doing the same thing.

I look at it this way, if my bestfriend of 15 year or sister, comes to me one day and tells me she's in love with a woman, do I cut her out of my life? Do I cut her out of my children's lives. I would still love her just like I always have for the person she is. I've always thought we should love people for what's in their hearts and the person they are. However, I do agree with you that the judgement part should be taken away.

  • Replies 77
  • Views 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I voted neither. Both are considered sins. But it is a sin in man made religion. God will not condemn anyone for either, IMO.

It’s impossible for us to look through the eyes of God. That is what Adam and Eve tried to do and got us into this mess. Sin is a willful transgression against the laws of God.

It is difficult for me to understand that God sees the sin of abusing a child equally with lying. But that is the way God works. It is also hard for me to understand that sex between two men or two women is equal to sex outside of marriage.

We look at the act and develop our opinions. God looks at the persons heart.

Psalms 130:3

If thou, LORD, shouldest mark iniquities, O Lord, who shall stand?

Well, it's not a simple answer. But, one has to believe that salvation can be lost, that one saved, always saved is not accurate, to understand/believe in the concept of venial and mortal sins.

 

I would disagree with that statement. Why is believing that salvation can be lost a pre-requisite?

 

In one sense, I agree that sin is sin. Whether you commit a horrific triple murder or tell a little white lie...either one of those is enough to keep you from God without accepting the work of Jesus Christ.

 

So, yes, at it's most basic, sin (any and all sin) separates us from God and accepting Christ (his death and resurrection) is the only way to bridge that gap. However, I'm not convinced that God views all sin as being equal.

For those who have voted 6-0 that homosexual sex is worse than pre-maritial sex, please tell us why. Forget it..... I know why! One of them hits a little too close to home.

This is very interesting. My son lives in Alabama and is a member of a Baptists church there. He called me one day totally torn up over a situation. He knows this fella and went on to tell me this guy was good as gold. This guy owns a heating and air conditioning business, and does excellent work. If he goes to a families house to do a job and sees that they really can't afford it he cuts his labor in half and sometimes charges no labor. My son went on to say he will do anything for anybody and is just a great guy, but he's going to hell because he's gay. My son is very involved in his church and was wondering if he should continue to be friends. I told him his friends gayness was between him and God and that's who his friend needed to answer to. Hope I was right.

This is very interesting. My son lives in Alabama and is a member of a Baptists church there. He called me one day totally torn up over a situation. He knows this fella and went on to tell me this guy was good as gold. This guy owns a heating and air conditioning business, and does excellent work. If he goes to a families house to do a job and sees that they really can't afford it he cuts his labor in half and sometimes charges no labor. My son went on to say he will do anything for anybody and is just a great guy, but he's going to hell because he's gay. My son is very involved in his church and was wondering if he should continue to be friends. I told him his friends gayness was between him and God and that's who his friend needed to answer to. Hope I was right.

 

You were right. The friends gayness has nothing to do with his salvation, only whether he has established a relationship with Christ. It also should have no bearing on whether your son should be friends with him (incidentally, nor should whether a person is saved or unsaved). Christians sin all the time, and being gay is merely sin, no more, no less. If the gay friend is actively sinning against God, he may have issues in finding Christ himself, bu that is for him and God, and your son should continue to be the friend he has been.

Thanks Hearsay, they are still friends.

How come, then, that we see so much more negativity toward homosexual couples then unmarried co-habitating heterosexual couples?

 

How about a little brutal honesty? I see everyone treating this as a moral judgement call (rightfully so), but what I'm not seeing from anyone else by way of explanation for shunning these people is this. I find the thought of two males having sexual relations or even public displays of affection to physically repulsive and litterally nauseating. Call me homophobic if you like, it's a fact.

 

I will be honest enough to admit that I do not find displays of affection between two attractive females to be all that repulsive.:sssh:

  • Author
How about a little brutal honesty? I see everyone treating this as a moral judgement call (rightfully so), but what I'm not seeing from anyone else by way of explanation for shunning these people is this. I find the thought of two males having sexual relations or even public displays of affection to physically repulsive and litterally nauseating. Call me homophobic if you like, it's a fact.

 

I will be honest enough to admit that I do not find displays of affection between two attractive females to be all that repulsive.:sssh:

 

I find your honesty fine. I personally don't see how we can distinguish between the two from a moral Christian standpoint. I do, however, understand people's disdain for homosexual behavior - just like anything that they are not used to.

 

It is somewhat a double standard though, for it to "be okay" for females. ;) j/k

I find your honesty fine. I personally don't see how we can distinguish between the two from a moral Christian standpoint. I do, however, understand people's disdain for homosexual behavior - just like anything that they are not used to.

 

It is somewhat a double standard though, for it to "be okay" for females. ;) j/k

 

 

Mind you, I didn't say it was ok, just not repulsive. ;)

 

Now. In light of what I've said, how can I be in favor of having a gay couple, (especially one that tends to display affection) in my circle of people that I spend time with and if I do not, is that not shunning them?

I am not trying to step on anybody here and I understand the topic but through it there has been some other issues mentioned and I feel a need to touch on something for myself. When I was just a little boy my mom told me to always be quiet during the ending of all services because my distraction might keep someone from going to the front and excepting the Lord. This stuck with me and I realized that it was a very true statement. However, you don't have to be a hyper 6 or 7 year old disturbing Church to keep someone from the Lord. Your words and actions can do the same. I would never want someone to be lost because of something I said or because someone followed my lead on something that wasn't correct in the eyes of the lord. Just something to think about when you post your ideas or you speak out in public.

Salvation is the key and if you ask the Lord into you heart he will give you the wisdom to understand the Word. Therefore, you will know for yourself all about Sin and what you need to do to get in to the gates of Heaven.

As for my understanding, salvation is a gift. You must ask the lord into your heart and ask him to forgive your sins. Next you must be Baptised and Finally you must endure to the end and strive to live the life he wants you to live. This is what I believe BUT don't take my word for it. Instead, repent and God will show you the way and answer all your questions about sexuality and the whole 9-yards.

I am not trying to step on anybody here and I understand the topic but through it there has been some other issues mentioned and I feel a need to touch on something for myself. When I was just a little boy my mom told me to always be quiet during the ending of all services because my distraction might keep someone from going to the front and excepting the Lord. This stuck with me and I realized that it was a very true statement. However, you don't have to be a hyper 6 or 7 year old disturbing Church to keep someone from the Lord. Your words and actions can do the same. I would never want someone to be lost because of something I said or because someone followed my lead on something that wasn't correct in the eyes of the lord. Just something to think about when you post your ideas or you speak out in public.

Salvation is the key and if you ask the Lord into you heart he will give you the wisdom to understand the Word. Therefore, you will know for yourself all about Sin and what you need to do to get in to the gates of Heaven.

As for my understanding, salvation is a gift. You must ask the lord into your heart and ask him to forgive your sins. Next you must be Baptised and Finally you must endure to the end and strive to live the life he wants you to live. This is what I believe BUT don't take my word for it. Instead, repent and God will show you the way and answer all your questions about sexuality and the whole 9-yards.

 

Very true!

 

We are the only Bible that a lot of people will ever read. I would hate for my words or actions to keep someone from experiencing a relationship with Christ.

 

Too many people on this thread are "religious." Anyone can have a religion. I'm thankful that I have a relationship. Christianity is more relational than religious.

Very true!

 

We are the only Bible that a lot of people will ever read. I would hate for my words or actions to keep someone from experiencing a relationship with Christ.

 

Too many people on this thread are "religious." Anyone can have a religion. I'm thankful that I have a relationship. Christianity is more relational than religious.

 

:thumb:

I find your honesty fine. I personally don't see how we can distinguish between the two from a moral Christian standpoint. I do, however, understand people's disdain for homosexual behavior - just like anything that they are not used to.

 

It is somewhat a double standard though, for it to "be okay" for females. ;) j/k

 

 

I think you're right. I overheard a student telling another recently how guys loved lesbians. At least that's what I hear around campus. Not scientific, but I think a lot of folk tend to be much less repulsed by gay women than men.

 

Why do you think?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.