Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

In the eyes of God, which is worse?

Which is worse in the eyes of God? 35 members have voted

  1. 1. Which is worse in the eyes of God?

    • homosexual sex
      22%
      8
    • premarital sex
      0%
      0
    • both are equally wrong
      51%
      18
    • neither - God loves everyone the same
      20%
      7
    • other - for which I will explain
      5%
      2

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

My wife is pretty repulsed by lesbians.

  • Replies 77
  • Views 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What I do know is that I was not brought onto this Earth for the purpose of judging the rightness or wrongness of people's sexual preferences or practices.

That is correct, we can only judge what is good for ourselves.

Well, at this point(but not for long) pretty much all gay sex is premarital. As far as which is worse(or better), pre-marital or homosexual sex, I think it is funny how some otherwise intelligent people thinks there is a man in the sky taking down names and checking it twice to see who all has been naughty or nice. Santa Claus probably cares about such things too, don't you bet?

No he has helpers just like santa does, that take notes, they are what you refer to as the little fairies that fly around.

I think you're right. I overheard a student telling another recently how guys loved lesbians. At least that's what I hear around campus. Not scientific, but I think a lot of folk tend to be much less repulsed by gay women than men.

 

Why do you think?

 

Very simple. Men are programmed to see women as objects of sex and desire. Men are programmed to see other men as repulsive sexually. It's what promotes continuation of the species.

Let me just throw this out there for discussion:

 

Is it possible that man's loss of (platonic) companionship with other men has caused an increase in homosexuality in men?

Let me just throw this out there for discussion:

 

Is it possible that man's loss of (platonic) companionship with other men has caused an increase in homosexuality in men?

 

 

That's a very good theory and worth discussing.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

But I ain't gonna discuss my feelings with no guy. :cool:

  • Author
Mind you, I didn't say it was ok, just not repulsive. ;)

 

Now. In light of what I've said, how can I be in favor of having a gay couple, (especially one that tends to display affection) in my circle of people that I spend time with and if I do not, is that not shunning them?

 

If you are asking me these questions, I feel that your honesty on the topic is refreshing, and I do see your concerns, even if I do not support not associating with people that are gay...I associate with many people who make lifestyle choices in which I do not agree with. I can love the individual without supporting the action.

 

Hey, I even had a conservative friend once! :p (Sorry, I am in a joking mood today - honestly, I HAVE several conservative friends.)

Honestly, I would like to see the "judgement" part taken away. That's God's job.

 

So, your child shows up on the doorstep with a known felon and says they want to date them. You going to NOT judge them and say sure baby go for it?

 

Judging on an eternal basis is God's job.

Judging people on a daily basis for basic decisions that have to be made is what humans do.

 

For example, people judge my posts based on my past history. They see my name and they already have a preconceived notion of what I am going to say. My previous thoughts and actions carry weight. And that is fair.

 

People love to quickly "judge" Christians for being "too judgemental" in their opinion but somehow that same judging does not matter than.

You were right. The friends gayness has nothing to do with his salvation, only whether he has established a relationship with Christ. It also should have no bearing on whether your son should be friends with him (incidentally, nor should whether a person is saved or unsaved). Christians sin all the time, and being gay is merely sin, no more, no less. If the gay friend is actively sinning against God, he may have issues in finding Christ himself, bu that is for him and God, and your son should continue to be the friend he has been.

 

Hearsay always posts my thoughts so much better than I could say them.

Hearsay always posts my thoughts so much better than I could say them.

 

You articulate just fine, LBBC.

  • Author
So, your child shows up on the doorstep with a known felon and says they want to date them. You going to NOT judge them and say sure baby go for it?

 

Judging on an eternal basis is God's job.

Judging people on a daily basis for basic decisions that have to be made is what humans do.

 

For example, people judge my posts based on my past history. They see my name and they already have a preconceived notion of what I am going to say. My previous thoughts and actions carry weight. And that is fair.

 

People love to quickly "judge" Christians for being "too judgemental" in their opinion but somehow that same judging does not matter than.

 

So is homosexuality eternal (God's job to judge) or daily (my job to judge)? Same for premarital sex?

So is homosexuality eternal (God's job to judge) or daily (my job to judge)? Same for premarital sex?

 

Good question.

 

All sin is God's eternal judgement but our duty as Christian using SCRIPTURE to teach on all sin so that people have a clear idea about the choices they make.

 

No judging just educating. Too many people see a person saying you shouldn't do that as judging. When it can simply be educating.

 

When I tell my students they shouldn't break the law because of all the negative things in life they will have with a criminal record, is that judging or teaching them?

 

Back to my question, you going to judge your child's choice of a date when they arrive at your door?

  • Author
Good question.

 

All sin is God's eternal judgement but our duty as Christian using SCRIPTURE to teach on all sin.

 

Back to my question, you going to judge your child's choice of a date when they arrive at your door?

 

This may suprise you and you may not agree that I would do it, but...I think I would be cautionary at first, but would want to know more about the situation and the person that they now are BEFORE I decide if I agree with whether or not my child SHOULD date him/her. I would assume that the "felon" has already served his/her time and I would assume that you are talking about an adult child.

This may suprise you and you may not agree that I would do it, but...I think I would be cautionary at first, but would want to know more about the situation and the person that they now are BEFORE I decide if I agree with whether or not my child SHOULD date him/her. I would assume that the "felon" has already served his/her time and I would assume that you are talking about an adult child.

 

Your 16 year old daughter shows up with a 31 year old ex convict with 20 body piercings in their face and every visible body part but face covered with tatoos. You going to judge that 31 year old?

 

I think yes is the answer and for no other reason than it is human nature.

 

Now you can absolutely be proven wrong by that person's actions. But your first inclination is going to be too judge them. I think telling people to not judge is like telling them not to sin.

 

Ain't going to happen.

 

We should strive to lessen it but to expect none, means a person would have to be perfect.

 

And just for the record, why would you be cautionary? Because you have concerns about the person and those concerns arose because you have at least partially judged them.

This may suprise you and you may not agree that I would do it, but...I think I would be cautionary at first, but would want to know more about the situation and the person that they now are BEFORE I decide if I agree with whether or not my child SHOULD date him/her. I would assume that the "felon" has already served his/her time and I would assume that you are talking about an adult child.

 

I give you another example.

 

You and I go into business together and I rip you off of $20,000. I tell you that I have changed my ways and want another $20,000. You giving it to me???

 

If not why?

 

I think you would be justified in telling me in a tactful manner, NO.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.