Biggest Impact Transfers (all-time)

Who are the transfers (changed high schools after their frosh year) that made the biggest impact in KY high school basketball?

Rick Jones - Corbin to Scott Co.

Scott Hundley - Dunbar to Scott Co.

Vee Sanford - Lafayette to Lex. Cath

Whitaker - Bell Co. to Hazard

Soon to come:

Euton - Rose Hill to Scott Co.

Jackson - Rose Hill to Scott Co.

I'm sure there are many more..... I'm most interested in old school names if there are any.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nathan Popp went from Shelby Co. to Lex. Cath.

Eric Ely went from Middlesboro to Bell Co.

Eric Fields went from North Laurel to South Laurel.

Daniel Dillon came to North Laurel from Australia.

There will be the kid that went from Manual to Jtown that had to sit out last year that had committed to UMass. His name escapes me at the moment.

I'm thinking one of the "Big 3" at Lex. Cath. a few years ago was a transfer.

There will be the kid that went from Manual to Jtown that had to sit out last year that had committed to UMass. His name escapes me at the moment.

Not sure, but I think it was William Graham from one of the Frankfort Schools.

Aaron Crosby...........If you are talking about last seasons LC team Smart, Novasel, Stewart were not transfers.

I am pretty sure he is talking about Green, Graham, and Morton as the big 3. I don't even know the story on that though.
Lived in the Western Hills District. Atteded Lex Cath as a freshman.

Western Hills hired a new coach when Graham was an 8th grader. I am told this had something to do with the decision.

Johnny Cox to Hazard from Fleming Neon. He lead Hazard to a State Championship in 1955 and U.K. to a National Title in 1958. Several players to University Heights over the last 20 years. Vondell Morton to Lexington Catholic in the early 1990s. Shannon Hoskins from M.C. Napier to Clay County in 1991. Mike Jones and Todd Cox (from Cawood) to Harlan in the mid-90s. Kenneal Jenkins to Madison Central from Hazard in 1997. Aaron Dunaway from Frankfort to Henry Clay in 2004.

Johnny Cox to Hazard from Fleming Neon. He lead Hazard to a State Championship in 1955 and U.K. to a National Title in 1958. Several players to University Heights over the last 20 years. Vondell Morton to Lexington Catholic in the early 1990s. Shannon Hoskins from M.C. Napier to Clay County in 1991. Mike Jones and Todd Cox (from Cawood) to Harlan in the mid-90s. Kenneal Jenkins to Madison Central from Hazard in 1997. Aaron Dunaway from Frankfort to Henry Clay in 2004.

Jones came from Todd County to Harlan

Cox went from Cawood to Harlan

Charles Thomas went from Cumberland to Harlan

Steve Himes : Ashland

Kelley Cutwright : Ashland

Arliss Beach : Ashland

Matt Thomas: Ashland

Steve Dodd: Ashland

Jim Harkins: Ashland

Cooksey: Ashland

Darrel Arbaugh (Euton's Brother) : Ashland

Mahan: Ashland

Drew McDavid: Ashland

Chuck Cantrell: Ashland

Jerry Morrison: Ashland

Large: Ashland

I know I am forgetting many more kids that transferred into Ashland. Maybe Scooterbob Fastbreak can help out on this one. Isnt it a little ironic when you look at the fabled basketball gods of Ashland past that in the top five all time leading scorers that just a few were home grown talent.

In mentioning ScooterBob and Fastbreak, I was not intending to exclude anyone else from information that would be helpful to this post.

Steve Himes : Ashland

Kelley Cutwright : Ashland

Arliss Beach : Ashland

Matt Thomas: Ashland

Steve Dodd: Ashland

Jim Harkins: Ashland

Cooksey: Ashland

Darrel Arbaugh (Euton's Brother) : Ashland

Mahan: Ashland

Drew McDavid: Ashland

Chuck Cantrell: Ashland

Jerry Morrison: Ashland

Large: Ashland

I know I am forgetting many more kids that transferred into Ashland. Maybe ScooterBob and Fastbreak can help out on this one. Isnt it a little ironic when you look at the fabled basketball gods of Ashland past that in the top five all time leading scorers that just a few were home grown talent.

I think with a program like Ashland thats been so good for so long, players want to go there. Ive never been to their basketball gym, but their football field is pretty much legendary.

Who are the transfers (changed high schools after their frosh year) that made the biggest impact in KY high school basketball?

Rick Jones - Corbin to Scott Co.

Scott Hundley - Dunbar to Scott Co.

Vee Sanford - Lafayette to Lex. Cath

Whitaker - Bell Co. to Hazard

Soon to come:

Euton - Rose Hill to Scott Co.

Jackson - Rose Hill to Scott Co.

I'm sure there are many more..... I'm most interested in old school names if there are any.

Basically, most of the great ones that ever played at Scott Co.

I think with a program like Ashland thats been so good for so long, players want to go there. Ive never been to their basketball gym, but their football field is pretty much legendary.

You are right and from my understanding their football field is going to get a nice makeover.