Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kevin Love entering NBA Draft

Featured Replies

Love will be a solid pro for many years.

Will the NBA draft have to be 7 or 8 rounds this year? I think we have 291 freshman declaring. :lol:

I think he is the one that is making a mistake. He's not ready for the NBA yet.

There are just players you like for some reason, and some that you absolutely can't stand. I just can NOT stand him for some reason.

Love will be a solid pro for many years.

 

You really think so? I'm with others on here in thinking that he is the main one that should have stayed for another year or so.

Here's the thing with Love. I don't think staying does him much good. What we saw this year is pretty much what he's always going to be.

 

12-17 range in round 1. And a good move to take it...

Here's the thing with Love. I don't think staying does him much good. What we saw this year is pretty much what he's always going to be.

 

12-17 range in round 1. And a good move to take it...

 

:thumb:

 

Yep, go while you are young and have some "upside." If he waits, he isnt that much different and the upside is gone. Can't blame him.

He will be a Brad Miller type pro, that is not going to hurt a team. He probably won't ever average 20 a game, but barring injury I see him being in the league for a long time.

Here's the thing with Love. I don't think staying does him much good. What we saw this year is pretty much what he's always going to be.

 

12-17 range in round 1. And a good move to take it...

 

I think he's ready. But, I think he could be a higher pick in a weaker class next year.

 

I could be wrong about Love, but there aren't that many guys with his size and bulk with the low post game he has. Plus, he can knock down jump shots if left open. The questions about him guarding some of the athletic 4's in the league are valid, but I also think a guy with his size and ability on the blocks could be a mismatch on the other end, especially after he adjusts to the NBA and gets some experience. I think about the way a guy like Karl Malone, who was 3 inches shorter than Love, used his wide body to dominate in the post.

Is the new NBA rule really accomplishing anything?

 

I assume you're talking about the rule that forces guys to play one year of college ball...

 

I would say yes. We get to watch some super talented freshman play at least one year in the college game. I wonder if Xavier and Texas would have preferred playing UCLA and Memphis minus Love and Rose.

 

I go back and think about how good Lebron James was immediately in the NBA...imagine how fun it would have been to watch him play for some college team for a year.

 

Personally, I don't agree with the rule. But, I like it because it adds talent to the college game and makes it more exciting, IMO.

I don't like him, but mainly I think it's because it's an unfair advantage for him to have all those extra calls and dinners with John Wooden during his recruitment. Of course if Adolph was still alive I would have no problem with us using him.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.