Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Blue vs. White Scrimmage

Featured Replies

A couple of friends and me are heading up to watch UK's final Blue vs. White scrimmage. Where is this held? Any information on the even will be helpful. Thanks.

Spread the word...

 

This is an event that needs to draw a much bigger crowd than it typcially does.

UK is trying a different format this year. Instead of the #1 O vs. #1 D, the team is being divided evenly via a draft. The draft was completeed yesterday and you can see the rosters for the blue & white teams @ UK athletics.com. Should be fun and a way for more stars to shine.

The Blue team looks loaded on defense...

I'm glad they are actually playing a game this year and scrapping that O verses D garbage we had been doing.

 

Side not: anyone know if it is going to be on any tv, I won't be able to make it up there but wouldn't mind watching?

Anyone going? I'm thinking about going but I'm going to be late if I do.

I was there for the 1st half then had to leave to go to work :-( But anyway I'm glad I got to see at least part of it. Mike Hartlne started for the Blue team and Curtis Pulley for the White team. Both teams started out moving the ball pretty well on their opening posession. Alfonso Smith ran really well behind good blocking for the Blue team driving down to inside the 10 before settling for a field goal. The White teams' first play on offense was a halfback pass by Moncell Allen for a big gainer. But the drive virtually stalled from there and the White team settled for a field goal.

 

From there both teams became offensively challenged struggling to make first downs and exchanging punts. Blue team was able to convert on some good field position and converted a long field goal to make it 6-3. The last posession I saw was the White team making the most of a few nice runs and capitalizing with an amazing catch for a TD by Dicky Lyons from Pulley.

 

Neither QB really impressed me all that much, though at this point I would give the edge to Hartline. Both had trouble completing passes, though it seemed Hartline's were mostly due to drops while Pulley had some trouble throwing catchable balls. Most of the time it seemed like Pulley's throws were just outside of the receivers reach and came in with so much velocity it made them difficult to haul in. Both QB's showed some speed and ability to escape the pocket, so it appears the battle for starting QB will go into the fall.

 

Both defenses looked good, though that may have been due to offensive ineptitude. The receivers are going to need A LOT of work to become a legitimate threat. And the last thing I'll say is that Derrick Locke is the fastest player I've seen in person.

 

White ended up winning the game 23-22 on a scrambling TD run by Pulley, so it appears the offense picked up a little after halftime. Article on UK Athletics says there were 8,500 in attendance, pretty good crowd for a practice.

Is this the final scrimage of Spring BAll?

 

8,500 is not that large of a turn-out of SEC action... I was hoping for more support.

I think 8,500 is pretty impressive, for a UK spring football scrimmage. Not to mention that Keeneland was going on today.

I think 8,500 is pretty impressive, for a UK spring football scrimmage. Not to mention that Keeneland was going on today.

 

North Carolina State had 15,500 today and a BCS school had nearly 50,000 today.

Bama had 78K. down 20K from last year. We were going until Momma's accident.

 

I really think Coach Brooks doesn't want to show much to the Cards who I'm sure had someone there, and just like at Papa Johns on Friday. The QBs will be ready in late August.

I took my 7 and 11 yr old boys today and had a great time. Got Free T-shirts, and got to sit in section 130 about 3 rows up. I thought there were 6-8 thousand but I'm not good at estimating.

 

Most impressive: Alfonso Smith. Very strong and fast. Hartline and Pulley battle was a draw from my view. Lyons made some great snags for scores also. But there were several dropped balls, and either overthrows or receivers running wrong routes or in the wrong area. A couple of center to QB mishandles also.

 

Wesley Woodyard is such a fine young man. I watched a young mother and child in front of me call out (he was standing on the sidelines) to him for an autograph (which he did with a smile), then he proceeded to sign at least 30 to 40 more until all the kids that wanted one got one. Same thing with Billy G. He came from the east end zone with Harris and Stephenson and I think Harrelson, down the wall signing autographs, smiling and talking to fans. I bet he signed and spoke to every kid down that wall. Really genuine. He seemed to love the kids.

It seems like UK lost a lot. Probably will be very hard to repeat last years success.

I think it's important to note that when you have WR's running the wrong routes it makes it REALLY tough on a QB. If Pulley is the guy then I would think they will use him + Locke together as some of the better speed in the country!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.