Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Oklahoma State makes dubious choice with Ford

Featured Replies

A lot of people I know at EKU said he isnt the nicest person they have met either. He talked down to just about everyone in the athletic department and just generally wasnt a nice guy.

 

I do wonder what the progression was for OSU. Self, maybe Gillispie, Ford. Or are there some in there they looked into that we didnt hear about. I'm just curious.

 

Holder, their athletic director, talked with SIU's Chris Lowery... he told them "no thanks."

What about Grant from VCU?

 

Grant didn't seem like a midwest, Big XII kind of guy. Seems more suited in the ACC/SEC area.

A lot of people I know at EKU said he isnt the nicest person they have met either. He talked down to just about everyone in the athletic department and just generally wasnt a nice guy.

 

I do wonder what the progression was for OSU. Self, maybe Gillispie, Ford. Or are there some in there they looked into that we didnt hear about. I'm just curious.

 

I heard he had some altercations with some people on his street as well in Richmond.

I heard he had some altercations with some people on his street as well in Richmond.

 

Wouldn't doubt it. Maybe it was just being in Richmond though, that could do it anybody. :lol:

 

Maybe he was trying to get people to leave him alone though. An ex-UK player right down the road probably could get a lot of his time taken by random folks talking foolishness with him. Maybe he wanted to nip that in the bud. Who knows?

I believe we have fairly established that Travis Ford is not someone to be considered a warm and caring individual.

I do think the jury is still out on his coaching ability. If he coached and brung excitement to the program like the way he played it would probably help him. I think he is pretty good at building programs. The question is can he win somewhere on a big stage where a program is already built.

Good coach, bad coach... all I know is that the coach of a team that's given my team fits for the last couple years is finally out of my conference.

 

WOOHOO!! :dancingpa

Ford has always seemed to be a "Do ANYTHING to make it work" kind of guy.

I still remember the free-throw fiasco when he was at UK and got McCarty (I think) to shoot Riddick's free throws and then bragged about it to the press later.

Ford is overrated.

 

He's no Anthony Grant, but c'mon.

Oklahoma State: The program

 

Final Fours: 3 (1951, 1995, 2004)

Runner-up (to Kentucky) - 1949

Championship: 2 (Back-to-Back, 1945 over NYU, 1946 over North Carolina).

 

I thought that was hilarious too. Apparently storied programs from the 40s and 50s work for every team other than Kentucky.

Is it clear who will be his assistants at OSU? Some from Umass....some from EKU....retain some from OSU?

I thought that was hilarious too. Apparently storied programs from the 40s and 50s work for every team other than Kentucky.

 

Right on, brother.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.