Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bud Mackey?

Featured Replies

But its okay at Louisville for a player to pull a gun on a teammate and get into trouble and still be fine. :rolleyes: I don't know if that happened or not, but apparently with the situation somewhere along the lines some big mistakes were made that could have went bad.

 

I believe this young man deserves a 2nd chance! If that means putting him in jail for a few months to make him realize the error of his ways I understand that. But I don't think it would be right to just lock him up for a 2 to 5 years and really ruin his life. Everyone makes mistakes and this was a huge one. But I can't see sticking it to this kid and not giving him an opportunity in the somewhat near future to turn things around.

 

You got me wrong, kiddo. I'M the one who consistently believes in big changes in our drug policy. It just seems to be a pretty lonely position, until we talk about Mr. Mackey. I'm not angry that he isn't getting thirty days in the electric chair for a first drug offense: I'm angry at the hypocrites who would pull the lever themselves for anyone who wasn't in the Rivals top 150 and considering UK.

  • Replies 63
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But its okay at Louisville for a player to pull a gun on a teammate and get into trouble and still be fine. :rolleyes: I don't know if that happened or not, but apparently with the situation somewhere along the lines some big mistakes were made that could have went bad.

 

I believe this young man deserves a 2nd chance! If that means putting him in jail for a few months to make him realize the error of his ways I understand that. But I don't think it would be right to just lock him up for a 2 to 5 years and really ruin his life. Everyone makes mistakes and this was a huge one. But I can't see sticking it to this kid and not giving him an opportunity in the somewhat near future to turn things around.

 

He ruined his own life. Blame should be squarely on his own shoulders - not on the judge or the jury.

 

On-campus drug dealers aren't the first on my list of those deserving of second chances after little/no punishment.... If he gets 2-5 years he can have his second chance when he gets out. He is an adult - making adult decisions and having to answer for those decisions.

He ruined his own life. Blame should be squarely on his own shoulders - not on the judge or the jury.

 

On-campus drug dealers aren't the first on my list of those deserving of second chances after little/no punishment.... If he gets 2-5 years he can have his second chance when he gets out. He is an adult - making adult decisions and having to answer for those decisions.

 

He is also a high school student who is not on his own. I think he deserves punished, but does not deserve the book thrown at him.

He is also a high school student who is not on his own. I think he deserves punished, but does not deserve the book thrown at him.

 

I would agree with this, but the punishment needs to fit the crime, not the athlete. If he only gets two months - or shock probation, I would guess he does not learn the lesson he needs from this.

He ruined his own life. Blame should be squarely on his own shoulders - not on the judge or the jury.

 

On-campus drug dealers aren't the first on my list of those deserving of second chances after little/no punishment.... If he gets 2-5 years he can have his second chance when he gets out. He is an adult - making adult decisions and having to answer for those decisions.

 

If the kid was mentally stable, I'd be with you on your argument. That's all I'm going to say about that.

If you believe the trumped up charges against the school from a guy who's only job is to shut down Prep Schools in Ohio. The problems there are no different than a large majority of Cincinnati Public Schools...

 

If you think everything at Harmony was on the up and up and that they had everything in order you are dreaming...

If you think everything at Harmony was on the up and up and that they had everything in order you are dreaming...

 

I don't think that at all. I know Harmony is a mess. Much like the political forces trying to shut it down and send the same kids to local CPS buildings with many of the same issues...

I don't think that at all. I know Harmony is a mess. Much like the political forces trying to shut it down and send the same kids to local CPS buildings with many of the same issues...

 

Better there than being in a school like Harmony that is there to specifically help the students prep for college, and it still isn't happening.

Better there than being in a school like Harmony that is there to specifically help the students prep for college, and it still isn't happening.

Just curious. What do you know about Harmony from first hand experience? My list is pretty long...

Just curious. What do you know about Harmony from first hand experience? My list is pretty long...

 

You know me.

 

So what do you know first hand?

You know me.

 

So what do you know first hand?

Harmony is like most prep schools. They have pretty small numbers, and a staff that does all they can to get the kids ready for college. We tend to know a lot about a few in these systems for their basketball recruit prowess.

 

The charges most have heard about in regards to Harmony are related to a political hack making big cash to snuff out the prep school system in Ohio.

 

At the end of the day Harmony is no different than NCH, Aiken, Colerain and so on in terms of academic merit...

Everyone is talking about the special treatment this kid is getting because he can play ball. It works both ways, if he wasn't a basketball star we probably would've never heard about this story. I don't have a dog in this fight and could care less where he ends up playing ball. He does need to be punished, but he probably also needs some serious help dealing with life.

He ruined his own life. Blame should be squarely on his own shoulders - not on the judge or the jury.

 

On-campus drug dealers aren't the first on my list of those deserving of second chances after little/no punishment.... If he gets 2-5 years he can have his second chance when he gets out. He is an adult - making adult decisions and having to answer for those decisions.

 

Im going to have to agree with you on this one. I dont think with this kids up bringing that he ever had a chance. I firmly believe that if you take him out of the enviroment he is raised in that he would have had a better chance of making it. He wasn't raised in Victoria Estates, and I am sure he was not instilled with good morals and values because of his environment, he may have ruined his own life, but do you think he ever had a chance?

Based on?

 

The fact the reasoning for leaving prep school is he "needed a break". If this kid fully understood that the judgement on him also depended on how he got himself out of the hole he was in he would have graduated prep school and had a scholarship on the table to show the judge that he was willing "pick it up".....he didnt do that.

Harmony is like most prep schools. They have pretty small numbers, and a staff that does all they can to get the kids ready for college. We tend to know a lot about a few in these systems for their basketball recruit prowess.

 

The charges most have heard about in regards to Harmony are related to a political hack making big cash to snuff out the prep school system in Ohio.

 

At the end of the day Harmony is no different than NCH, Aiken, Colerain and so on in terms of academic merit...

 

They told Mackey to not worry about coming to class but to "just show up for the tests" sounds like a top notch academy.

 

They only kept giving Mackey the star treatment he wanted! Word on the block is Mackey's jumper isnt polished as it once was anyway!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.