Lakers 106 Spurs 85

Spurs were without Manu but still a good win for LA. Who would have though they would have the best record in the West this year? If they win the West Kobe is a lock for the MVP and it's about time.

I'm sure no one thought it until they got Gasol. That was possibly the move of the year.

Since LA has a real shot at the Finals this year, I'm going to enjoy being a part of this board when the playoffs start.

Can't wait to see how HT reacts good or bad as things develop. :lol:

As long as the Spurs or Pistons don't make the Finals, I will be happy. Although watching the Celtics get upset in the East would be nice too.

It made sense money wise for Memphis.

Right. Jerry West didn't decide to help out LA at all... :rolleyes:

The fact of the matter is, no matter how the money worked, it was a terribly lopsided trade. Usually in trades where players are thrown in to make the salaries match, there are a couple of major players who are comparable in their abilities. This was not the case in this trade at all. That is where it was so bad. Had the Lakers included just about anybody in the top 7 or so the trade would have had some validity. They traded two guys who were barely playing for an All-Star.