Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chad Jackson at Scott County?

Featured Replies

SC never "gets away" with anything. They are right there about 15 minutes away from the KHSAA, so its not a big deal for them to look into anything. Haddix was ruled ineligible and I have heard good arguments both ways for that case.
What was the argument for Haddix?
  • Replies 201
  • Views 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No team in the 11th will come within 20 points of Scott County next season. That is what evereyone else in the 11th has to look forward to. I think it is easy for those outside the 11th to wish Scott County and it's plethora of D1 transfers well. It is only natural for these transfers being a difficult pill to swallow for other programs in the 11th.

 

No one will enjoy the thumpings that Scott County will be dishing out next season.

 

I don't know about the 11th Region, but little ole Elliott County from the mountains will give Billy Hick's University all they want next year. After getting beat by Mason County by 30 points they then took the state champs to the wire and should have won in Rupp. They return all five starters next year. Hick's will need every one of the transfers + Guyn and Phares to beat Elliott!!!! Breaking news: Elliott will have no transfers next year..............

I don't know about the 11th Region, but little ole Elliott County from the mountains will give Billy Hick's University all they want next year. After getting beat by Mason County by 30 points they then took the state champs to the wire and should have won in Rupp. They return all five starters next year. Hick's will need every one of the transfers + Guyn and Phares to beat Elliott!!!! Breaking news: Elliott will have no transfers next year..............

 

I have contended for a year now that Elliott will be right there in the mix for the state title next season :thumb:

I have contended for a year now that Elliott will be right there in the mix for the state title next season :thumb:

 

Thanks Wireman for being a believer. Elliott just like this year will have those again who say they are too short, don't play anybody, and are overrated. The don't play anybody won't be a foregone conclusion until we see the 08/09 schedule in 7 months or so. Word from the coaches is that everybody is knocking and wants to play them including an invit to the King of the Bluegrass. I hope they accept their offers and line-up a loaded schedule. If you want to be the best than play all the best and you will bring to a halt all conversation from the non-believers about not playing anybody except 16th Region competition which they regard as still not playing anybody.

Thanks Wireman for being a believer. Elliott just like this year will have those again who say they are too short, don't play anybody, and are overrated. The don't play anybody won't be a foregone conclusion until we see the 08/09 schedule in 7 months or so. Word from the coaches is that everybody is knocking and wants to play them including an invit to the King of the Bluegrass. I hope they accept their offers and line-up a loaded schedule. If you want to be the best than play all the best and you will bring to a halt all conversation from the non-believers about not playing anybody except 16th Region competition which they regard as still not playing anybody.

 

I have been a believer in this group of boys for a long while now. They have the kind of chemistry and heart that can win the championship. I, like most others, would prefer they play the best teams they can find to play them. Even if their record isn't as pretty, I think it will pay off come tourney time.

I don't know about the 11th Region, but little ole Elliott County from the mountains will give Billy Hick's University all they want next year. After getting beat by Mason County by 30 points they then took the state champs to the wire and should have won in Rupp. They return all five starters next year. Hick's will need every one of the transfers + Guyn and Phares to beat Elliott!!!! Breaking news: Elliott will have no transfers next year..............

 

But they did have a transfer from Scott County this year that hit an awful big three in the state tourney!

But they did have a transfer from Scott County this year that hit an awful big three in the state tourney!

 

Yes, Maynard came from Scott County after his 8th grade year. He certainly wasn't being touted as the next Rick Jones or anything. In fact he wasn't on the radar and would have never played if you asked anybody from Scott County his 8th grade year.

But they did have a transfer from Scott County this year that hit an awful big three in the state tourney!
So did Rick Jones, once upon a time ...

 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Elliott County didn't get a transfer that was a Division I prospect and considered one of the best players in the state in his class and a potential Mr. Basketball, all after he had already established himself somewhere else.

 

Gee, not everyone gets as lucky as Scott County, nor as often to boot ...

Yes, Maynard came from Scott County after his 8th grade year. He certainly wasn't being touted as the next Rick Jones or anything. In fact he wasn't on the radar and would have never played if you asked anybody from Scott County his 8th grade year.

 

If I am not mistaken didn't he go to high school at Scott Co. for a while?

If I am not mistaken didn't he go to high school at Scott Co. for a while?

 

 

He did not go to Elliott directly after 8th grade at Scott County, maybe if he would have stayed at SC he would have been the next Rick Jones had he been under Hicks???? I didnt see their coach get off the bench the entire time they were at the state tournament....

No you really can't blame the school, or the players for wanting to come to Scott County. I blame the KHSAA for turning a blind eye to these constant transfers, and not giving that same treatment to schools that don't have the tradition and power that Scott County has.

 

But it was okay last year when the Edmonson kid wanted to come to Gallatin County? If you wanna say something about Scott County need to look at your own school too.

I don't know about the 11th Region, but little ole Elliott County from the mountains will give Billy Hick's University all they want next year. After getting beat by Mason County by 30 points they then took the state champs to the wire and should have won in Rupp. They return all five starters next year. Hick's will need every one of the transfers + Guyn and Phares to beat Elliott!!!! Breaking news: Elliott will have no transfers next year..............

 

I personally would love to see the Lions put one on "the best coach in Ky". Give me that bunch and I believe I could win it too.:ylsuper:

He did not go to Elliott directly after 8th grade at Scott County, maybe if he would have stayed at SC he would have been the next Rick Jones had he been under Hicks???? I didnt see their coach get off the bench the entire time they were at the state tournament....

 

And if I remember wright didn't he play summer ball for the GENERAL?:madman:

I don't know about the 11th Region, but little ole Elliott County from the mountains will give Billy Hick's University all they want next year. After getting beat by Mason County by 30 points they then took the state champs to the wire and should have won in Rupp. They return all five starters next year. Hick's will need every one of the transfers + Guyn and Phares to beat Elliott!!!! Breaking news: Elliott will have no transfers next year..............

 

You are putting a whole lot of pressure on your Elliott Co. team. I think they have a very good team, but I also believe that Holmes, Scott Co, J-town, Ballard, Dunbar, and probably Manual will be too much for Elliott Co. next year. The good thing is they will be playing a tougher schedule and have a chance to prove themselves even before the Sweet 16, so it will be anxious to see.

While Scott Co will be good the next two years, I think a lot of people are overlooking some other really good teams.

 

Let's just not hand them the state title. There will be some other really good teams. Holmes has 2 D1 juniors to be in R. Johnson and Pittman and have a solid role player in J. Johnson. They also have 2 6'6 kids who are 8th and 9th graders right now. If they develop the way they should, Holmes will have one of the biggest lineups in the state in 09/10 with all 5 starters being atleast 6'5.

 

There will always be really good Louisville teams (J'town, Ballard, Manual) as well as some good 11th region teams. While I believe Scott Co is the favorite, Elliot Co, Dunbar and a few others will be there as well as noted before.

 

IMO Scott Co SHOULD win the title if they get out of the 11th this year. In 09/10 though I see it being between Holmes and SC.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.