Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chad Jackson at Scott County?

Featured Replies

I would never do it either because I would try to improve my own team by playing the best available competition, but it would be rather funny.

 

If they do in fact end up with all of the players named lately , it would take an all star team to play with them !

  • Replies 201
  • Views 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they do in fact end up with all of the players named lately , it would take an all star team to play with them !

 

Maybe they can schedule an exhibition game with the Wildcats next season.

Maybe they can schedule an exhibition game with the Wildcats next season.

 

That may be a not so good experience for them ! But you really can't blame the school for welcoming them with open arms as long as everything is on the up & up .;)

I'm sure you remember the OJ days at the hill. Some in the 16th simply refused to put them on their list of teams to play. Could that happen to Scott Co. ???

 

I doubt it...but some have refused to play Lex Cath haven't they? You never know.

 

I figure you might as well play them though...probably gonna have to sooner or later.

That may be a not so good experience for them ! But you really can't blame the school for welcoming them with open arms as long as everything is on the up & up .;)

No you really can't blame the school, or the players for wanting to come to Scott County. I blame the KHSAA for turning a blind eye to these constant transfers, and not giving that same treatment to schools that don't have the tradition and power that Scott County has.

  • Author
No you really can't blame the school, or the players for wanting to come to Scott County. I blame the KHSAA for turning a blind eye to these constant transfers, and not giving that same treatment to schools that don't have the tradition and power that Scott County has.

 

What could the KHSAA do? Kids transfer to other schools every year, some with strong athletic tradition others to schools with no tradition. As long as a school is not recruiting I dont think there is a problem.

What could the KHSAA do? Kids transfer to other schools every year, some with strong athletic tradition others to schools with no tradition. As long as a school is not recruiting I dont think there is a problem.

 

They can actually hold a real investigation. If those two ended up somewhere else, less known, there would be hearing after hearing.

  • Author
They can actually hold a real investigation. If those two ended up somewhere else, less known, there would be hearing after hearing.

 

I disagree with you on that. Scott County is alway scrutinized to high degree. Wether it be removing them from the 8th region or the ruling of Rodney Haddix ineligable. Just because the players are ruled eligable doesnt mean there was not an investigation held.

I disagree with you on that. Scott County is alway scrutinized to high degree. Wether it be removing them from the 8th region or the ruling of Rodney Haddix ineligable. Just because the players are ruled eligable doesnt mean there was not an investigation held.

 

I understand that. I have seen the KHSAA take their sweet time when looking at transfers moving to other schools. Players with considerable less talent moving to schools who really don't have a chance to contend for the State crown. All of these instances were held up and kids lost partial seasons because those schools didn't have the pull and weren't picked to contend. I understand that everybody is supposed to operate under the same rules, I just don't think this is really being practiced.

I've thought about this for a week or more and I've finally decided on my opinion. I personally think that this move was for basketball, even though there are other factors. I would say its 90% basketball. That being said, I can't say that I blame them because they are going to face better competition, have a better program, and more exposure than they would get in the 16th region. Even though it was probably a basketball move, I do believe these are good people and I have no problem with the transfers if the KHSAA has no problems with them. Best of luck to both kids and both families. :thumb:

Got wind that there were some family matters at hand for the Jackson's that are resulting in the likely move to Scott Co. I won't go into it, but sounds like the real deal to me.

 

SC never "gets away" with anything. They are right there about 15 minutes away from the KHSAA, so its not a big deal for them to look into anything. Haddix was ruled ineligible and I have heard good arguments both ways for that case. Guyn wasn't ruled eligible until the day practice started for SC from what I have heard. It's not like they arent looking into things and investigating things as this stuff if obviously taking time if they couldnt rule on Guyn until October.

Bottom line is all of these are because of Basketball. The Eutons pretty much had to move, but even his dad stated in the paper, the the schools basketball program played into their decision. At least the Eutons seems to a legitimate reason to move even if the basketball played into it. But then another D1 prospect from the same school transfers to the same school. Maybe legitimate also, but sure raises suspicion. And Gelawn last year. Family moved to Scott County but dad now drives back/forth to Lexington to work each day.

 

Maybe the KHSAA should just institute a 1 year sit out after every transfer no matter what the reason. Bet if they did, a lot of this would stop.

 

Both will be ruled eligible. Scott will be preseason #1.

FYI 7th grade team at SCMS (1 of 3 middle schools in Scott) did win the 7th Grade KBA State Championship....the future looks bright....better get some shades :jump:

 

The future looks great for the Scott County Basketball program. Not necesarily for the middle school kid who has worked his brains out through grade and middle school in order to get the opportunity to play on HIS high school basketball team. This is obviously a very talented group to win the KBA 7th Grade State Championship. I just think it's not likely you will see them get the opportunity to play for the KHSAA State Championship a few years from now.

Scott Co. will be loaded again next season with talent

The future looks great for the Scott County Basketball program. Not necesarily for the middle school kid who has worked his brains out through grade and middle school in order to get the opportunity to play on HIS high school basketball team. This is obviously a very talented group to win the KBA 7th Grade State Championship. I just think it's not likely you will see them get the opportunity to play for the KHSAA State Championship a few years from now.

 

We just never know do we?:thumb:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.