Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bengals Release Henry

Featured Replies

Did anyone happen to hear the idiot that called in to Tracy Jones yesterday after the Reds game. He blamed society and the NFL for Henry's problems. He said that the NFL promotes violence, and that Chris Henry, and all of these other NFL players that run a foul of the law can't help themselves. I wonder how all the other NFL players that played thru out the years were able to control themselves. :lol:

  • Replies 60
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did anyone happen to hear the idiot that called in to Tracy Jones yesterday after the Reds game. He blamed society and the NFL for Henry's problems. He said that the NFL promotes violence, and that Chris Henry, and all of these other NFL players that run a foul of the law can't help themselves. I wonder how all the other NFL players that played thru out the years were able to control themselves. :lol:

 

What an idiot! I guess the other 99.9 % of NFL players that stay out of trouble are just exceptions?

Did anyone happen to hear the idiot that called in to Tracy Jones yesterday after the Reds game. He blamed society and the NFL for Henry's problems. He said that the NFL promotes violence, and that Chris Henry, and all of these other NFL players that run a foul of the law can't help themselves. I wonder how all the other NFL players that played thru out the years were able to control themselves. :lol:

 

Or the one that called in and said Henry needed to be given a chance to play under Dungy because Dungy is the only coach that can help Henry find Jesus and straighten out his life. Trust me, more people "find" Jesus in prison than they do under the tutleage of their head football coach.

Way too late. Just another reason the Gals are an embarassment:irked:

 

I don't think it is an embarrassment to try and help an obviously troubled kid, which is exactly what he is, become a man and make good decisions.

 

According to many reports on the radio, the Bengals went above and beyond the call of duty to try and help him, as they also have with Odell Thurman.

 

Football aside, I hope Odell cleans his life up as does Chris Henry, especially for his child.

 

After his impending suspension, if no one picks him up, that child as well as Henry is really in need of help.

I also heard on the radio that Henry's mom was evicted from her apartment because Chris wouldn't give her the $650 that she needed to pay for her apartment.

I don't think it is an embarrassment to try and help an obviously troubled kid, which is exactly what he is, become a man and make good decisions.

 

According to many reports on the radio, the Bengals went above and beyond the call of duty to try and help him, as they also have with Odell Thurman.

 

Football aside, I hope Odell cleans his life up as does Chris Henry, especially for his child.

 

After his impending suspension, if no one picks him up, that child as well as Henry is really in need of help.

 

Man, I hope you're kidding. The Bengals kept Henry around so long because of his talent. Do you think a marginal 3 stringer would have been kept around for this long? No way! In the long run the Bengals have done nothing to help the "kid". Actually they have done nothing but enable his transgressions.

The Bengals are a joke:D

  • Author

I agree that they Bengals keeping him so long has everything to do with how talented Henry is and nothing to do with helping anyone but the Bengals bottom line.

 

The Bengals have already spoken on what happens to back ups that run into problems with the law, they get cut.

^ He's an absolute LOSER. WVU should be ashamed even for this. The product they are putting out is giving them a horrible reputation. I hope that he NEVER plays the game again. Sadly, I know he will.

 

This I can agree with you on RP, of course these days that same statement goes for me with the Bengals in general. I can't believe that C. Palmer hasn't ask out of there yet.

What a waste of a professional franchise. To say the very least a complete "housecleaning" is needed in Cincy starting with the Bengals front office on down to most of the players of the Cincinnati "Thugs"...uh, I mean Bengals.

 

About the WVU products, I believe that most if not all of these were Rich Rod's boys :rolleyes:, that distinction falls in Ann Arbor now :D.

I also heard on the radio that Henry's mom was evicted from her apartment because Chris wouldn't give her the $650 that she needed to pay for her apartment.

 

Another class move this gy is a regular pillar of the community. :mad:

The Bengal have finally begun chemotheraphy to rid themselves of some of the cancers that are affecting the organization. As long as there is more than one person wearing the team colors and on the field at the same time it is a team game.

Man, I hope you're kidding. The Bengals kept Henry around so long because of his talent. Do you think a marginal 3 stringer would have been kept around for this long? No way! In the long run the Bengals have done nothing to help the "kid". Actually they have done nothing but enable his transgressions.

The Bengals are a joke:D

 

No, I am not kidding.

 

Of course they did it because of his talent, but it doesn't negate the fact that they did try to help him.

 

The Bengals personally suspended him once themselves and the NFL did the rest.

 

Trying to teach him to make good decisions is NOT enabling.

 

Your bias clouds your observation; I think it is obvious Henry has some mental illness, which absolutely does not excuse any of his behavior, but it explains it and why none of us can understand it.

Clean house... This is the football version of the New York Knicks. Not near as bad, but the front office is pretty much garbage, no chemestry, a lot of talent that can not win to save their lives, a lot of disgruntled players that are in it for the money, not the game.

IMO, the Bengals gave this guy chance after chance because he really isn't a #3 wide reciever in this league. With his talent, he's a possible #1 or #2 wide out. That's why the Bengals gave him chance after chance.

 

With that said though, I'm glad he's gone now. He had every opportunity to screw his head on right in Cincy and he didn't. I'm probably one of the few that feel this way, but I'm glad the Bengals gave him the chance. Hopefully now they can move on from this mess though.

Your bias clouds your observation; I think it is obvious Henry has some mental illness, which absolutely does not excuse any of his behavior, but it explains it and why none of us can understand it.

 

Really? And you are certain he's just not a reprobate punk? On what do you base this opinion? Is everyone that commits multiple criminal offenses mentally ill? Or is it possible that some people - for whatever reason - are simply selfish, immature, ill-mannered, immoral, drug-using thugs? And none of us can understand it because I'm willing to bet just about everyone on this site is a responsible, respectful, law-abiding citizen (save a traffic ticket or two ;)) and have no idea how to relate to such an idiot as Henry.

While this move hurts the overall talent level of the Bengals roster, ultimately this will be viewed as a good move. Team chemistry is imperative to any winning franchise. Having players like Henry on a team cannot be conducive to a winning team culture. The Bengals still have time to replace Henry in the draft. --- My only concern now is Thurman. Has he truly turned his life around, or is he a ticking time bomb that could explode and be out of the league at any moment.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.