April 1, 200818 yr If you're a Braves fan then you've had to have read the numerous upon numerous articles that state Escobar is not moving anywhere and is the shortstop, that's the reason they traded Renteria.And the presence of Lillibridge was a factor, too. If Escobar's bat starts to slide or Lillibridge tears it up at Triple-A, things might change. A long season has a way of changing the best-laid plans. Also numerous articles have said that the Braves will let Schafer go half double-A and half triple-A and that he'll be the opening day centerfielder for '09.If he hits ... and right now, who knows? As for Anderson in 24 games with Houston last season he batted .358 with 24 hits, 10 runs scored, 1 SB, 11 RBI's, 5 walks, and 6 strikeouts.So what if he had a hot month? His minor league numbers better illustrate his truel level of performance. If the Astros believed that month was for real, they never would have traded him.
April 2, 200818 yr Author ^ Per atlantabraves.com Johnson strained his right knee during the season opener. I'm not trying to say I'm a Kotsay fan but he deserves a fair chance and after the season opener and last night he has done well defensively. If he can stay healthy he'll be an average CF'er for the year.
April 2, 200818 yr Author Tonight is a must win for the Braves, it's the debut for young stud Jurjjens who faces Gorzelanny. The Braves have suffered two devastating losses in the first two games of the year. Hope this young pitcher can come out throwing hard tonight and the bullpen can settle down!
April 3, 200818 yr Looks like Jurjjens is going to get his first W tonight. He picthed a solid game. Braves are pouring in on right now in the bottom of the 8th. 10-2 lead now. Only reason I care is I bet on them. :lol:
April 3, 200818 yr Author Also, great win today for the Braves, not only because it is their first but because of young pitcher Jurjjens. He pitched quite well today and hopefully it's only a sign of more good things to come. He seems to have good control and very good pitches. The Braves offense pounded the ball yet again. Escobar hit a 3-run home run in the 8th inning to the 375 mark in left center. He is the real deal and will end up being of the best shortstops.
April 3, 200818 yr Also, great win today for the Braves, not only because it is their first but because of young pitcher Jurjjens. He pitched quite well today and hopefully it's only a sign of more good things to come. He seems to have good control and very good pitches. The Braves offense pounded the ball yet again. Escobar hit a 3-run home run in the 8th inning to the 375 mark in left center. He is the real deal and will end up being of the best shortstops. Good to see the Braves get a win. I didn't get to watch it though.
April 3, 200818 yr In the third game of the season? That's what I was thinking...it's a little early for a "must win".
April 3, 200818 yr That's what I was thinking...it's a little early for a "must win". Yes, by about a week and a half. Just ask the Mets.
April 3, 200818 yr Author In the third game of the season? So it would be ok for them to start off the season 0-3 with losses to the Nationals and Pirates? I don't think so. Yes it's early in the season but you don't want to dig yourself into an hole early in the season.
April 3, 200818 yr So it would be ok for them to start off the season 0-3 with losses to the Nationals and Pirates? I don't think so. Yes it's early in the season but you don't want to dig yourself into an hole early in the season.It's a six-month, 26-week, 162-game schedule ... three games in April aren't going to make or break a team.
April 3, 200818 yr Author It's a six-month, 26-week, 162-game schedule ... three games in April aren't going to make or break a team. I know how long a baseball season is. So you're saying they could go 3-20 or whatever in the month of April and shouldn't panic because it's a 26 week 162 game schedule? You don't want to start a losing trend, 1. it hurts the team morale, 2. You dig yourself a hole you can't get out of. I didn't say that last night's game was a make or break but yes I still stand by it being a must win.
April 3, 200818 yr So you're saying they could go 3-20 or whatever in the month of April and shouldn't panic because it's a 26 week 162 game schedule?An 0-3 start is a lot different than 3-20 ... I didn't say that last night's game was a make or break but yes I still stand by it being a must win.There are no "must-win games" in April ...
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.