Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the Atlanta Braves (Week 1)

Featured Replies

  • Author

^ Actually every game of the season is a must win because it could come back to bite them at the end of the season. Teams don't need to slack at any point during the season. I bet the Mets feel the same way considering their collapse at the end of the season last year.

  • Replies 116
  • Views 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I was all prepared to be wrong about Hampton who I last year said I didn't think we'd ever see him pitch again in a Braves uniform, but then, lo and behold, he gets hurt during the warmup pitches. Pathetic. Any reliance on Mike just kills the rotation and it destroys the bullpen who then had to go all night.

^ Actually every game of the season is a must win because it could come back to bite them at the end of the season. Teams don't need to slack at any point during the season. I bet the Mets feel the same way considering their collapse at the end of the season last year.
No one said early-season games aren't important, but there are no "must-win games" in April ... it's a long season.
Well I was all prepared to be wrong about Hampton who I last year said I didn't think we'd ever see him pitch again in a Braves uniform, but then, lo and behold, he gets hurt during the warmup pitches. Pathetic. Any reliance on Mike just kills the rotation and it destroys the bullpen who then had to go all night.

 

I can't believe he got scratched again...

He's on the 15 day DL, isn't he?

He is, but if I see him pitch this year, I'll be surprised. If he does manage to stagger to the mound, I'd be absolutely floored to see him go more than three innings.

  • Author

The thing with Hampton now is that it's not his arm but his chest.

 

If he can provide even just bullpen help it'd be big.

 

 

Man the Braves/Mets series is goona be good. Already injuries to both teams..lol

I can't believe he got scratched again...
At this point, half of his career has been a scratch ...
  • Author

Braves and Mets in the first inning. Tim Hudson gets the start after having last nights game postponed due to rain.

 

Hudson gets through the 1st inning with 3 straight ground ball outs. Come on offense!

  • Author

Chipper Jones pounding the ball today 3-3 with 3 singles. Tex comes through with 2 outs and hits a single to make it 4-1 Braves. Maine not having very good control today. Hudson doing really well in his second start.

  • Author

Lucky break for the Braves. Kotsay trapped that ball and doubled off the runner on second base. You could easily tale it was trapped...Now it looks like they are going to reverse the call and bring the players back and load the bases again...Messy situation.

  • Author

Now the Braves are getting screwed because Pagan passed church rounding third base so he should automatically be out because that can not happen. Messed up situation

  • Author

Pagan should be out instead of at third base. For their to be 3-4 umpires on the field and no one noticed that is just ridiculous.

  • Author

With the Braves already up 5-3 in the bottom of the 7th they load the bases with 1 out. Former Brave Jorge Sosa comes in to pitch for the Mets, strikes out Matt Diaz, and with Kelly Johnson in to pinch hit on a 3-2 count he hits a grand slam into the right field stands. Man if this bullpen can become more stable throughout the season this team will come close to 95-100 wins.

The Braves have hit the ball well today. Hope Soriano can close out the game.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.