Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kudos to Clay Euton!!

Featured Replies

IKudos to Clay Euton for doing what is best for his child and not worrying about the negative talk to is sure to follow. I don't think there is any question that this is the best move for Dakotah. He will be able to be close to the UK program, play with UK players in the off-season, and play against better competition throughout the season. That will only help him become a better player in the long run and a better contributor at UK and I think that is the most important thing for the Eutons. While I'll miss watching him play and officiating his games(just 1 this year) and the reconigtion to the 16th region would have been great next year with Rose Hill and Elliott, I think this is the best move for Dakotah and that's the only interest for Clay Euton.

Plus his father is relocating because of his job so it is not like he is moving there just for basketball.

Plus his father is relocating because of his job so it is not like he is moving there just for basketball.

 

:laugh: His father may be relocating, it's great that he is doing that for his son, but this had all to do with basketball. :thumb:

:laugh: His father may be relocating, it's great that he is doing that for his son, but this had all to do with basketball. :thumb:

 

The new job first basketball next that is ok to me! As a father you do what best for your family............Georgetown is one of the best places to raise a family and play basketball year round! A Mr. Basketball maker over the years.

Yes...this is a legit siuation as far as i know...im glad he chose to listen to his son..thats just good parenting!...good luck to them all!!

  • Author
:laugh: His father may be relocating, it's great that he is doing that for his son, but this had all to do with basketball. :thumb:

 

The need for the move was not basketball related but the whereabouts of the move is an obvious basketball decision. I don't have a problem in the world with that and I don't think anyone else should either. Who wouldn't put their son/daughter in the best possible situation if the opportunity presented itself. I think everyone would. This is a great choice from a basketball standpoint for Dakotah. He'll be on a state championship caliber team, he'll play better competition and thus become better himself, he's close to UK, and he'll be able to play the UK players come summer time just to name a few advantages of him leaving. It's a no-brainer if you ask me. I think Clay has done everything in his power to help his son become the best player that he can become. I ran into Dakotah, Jackson, and some friends last night and I wished him the very best at Scott County. He's a really good kid and I think he can be very succesful at the next level and this move will only help him reach his potential.

If the kid Jackson comes too then I hope the KHSAA rules them both ineligible.

If the kid Jackson comes too then I hope the KHSAA rules them both ineligible.

 

Sound's like sour grapes!:argue:

I think the big objection is that the basketball tail is wagging the "get a job" dog.

 

The problem is if each potential superstar in the state would make a move for athletic advantage it would create (or already has created) super-powers. The rich would get rich and the poor would get poorer. The scales would begin to tip inordinately towards the super-powers.

 

The idea of the one-class basketball system that we enjoy in this state is predicated upon homegrown kids growing up and playing for the local high school in hopes of winning the state championship some day - not transferring to teams that show the most potential for winning a state championship, already in progress.

 

If such is/or becomes the case, we are now heading (or are well on the way) towards a statewide "open basketball enrollment" system.

People, People, People!! What is it that a lot of you don't comprehend? The father lost his job and he needed to find a new one. If he needed to fined a job anyway why not look for the best situation for his son to play basketball. I can understand that he is giving his son the best opportunity that is available to improve him. I think some of this is just hate for Scott Co. There is not anyone on here if they had the same situation that would not do the same thing for their child and if they wouldn't your not much of a parent. I see a whole lot of sour grapes. People, People, People grow up and quit acting like a bunch kids. Worry about your on affairs and leave the Euton's alone. Good luck to the Euton family!

I think the big objection is that the basketball tail is wagging the "get a job" dog.

 

The problem is if each potential superstar in the state would make a move for athletic advantage it would create (or already has created) super-powers. The rich would get rich and the poor would get poorer. The scales would begin to tip inordinately towards the super-powers.

 

The idea of the one-class basketball system that we enjoy in this state is predicated upon homegrown kids growing up and playing for the local high school in hopes of winning the state championship some day - not transferring to teams that show the most potential for winning a state championship, already in progress.

 

If such is/or becomes the case, we are now heading (or are well on the way) towards a statewide "open basketball enrollment" system.

 

 

Good quote!!:thumb: I wouldn't have a problem with him changing schools at all, but if he brings his buddy with him, then they should both sit out a year. But, we all know that won't happen.

I think the big objection is that the basketball tail is wagging the "get a job" dog.QUOTE]

 

Mustang of all people you surprise me with this. The father is losing his job. It is not like he has other options with the company he is with that are close by. Clay needs a job, so he gets a job close to where his son can have the opportunity to better himself at basketball. As far as the rest of your post I did not quote it because it does not even pertain to this circumstance.

Good quote!!:thumb: I wouldn't have a problem with him changing schools at all, but if he brings his buddy with him, then they should both sit out a year. But, we all know that won't happen.

 

Why should Euton set out a year if Jackson transfers. If Euton is there legally what does that have to do with Jackson. I have made my views known in other post in this thread about Euton. Now if Jackson was to follow my view would not be the same about Jackson.

Why should Euton set out a year if Jackson transfers. If Euton is there legally what does that have to do with Jackson. I have made my views known in other post in this thread about Euton. Now if Jackson was to follow my view would not be the same about Jackson.

Why is that?

Why is that?

 

Is Jackson's parents looking for a job? If he is moving for basketball gain only I don't agree with it. Do you think KHSAA is going to look at it as being the same situation as Euton.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.