Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Contender or Pretender

Featured Replies

The "in or out" threads caught on, so how about this?

 

I'll list some teams and you decide...contender or pretender?

 

Tennessee

Wisconsin

Texas

Duke

Georgetown

Stanford

Louisville

UConn

Michigan State

Indiana

Kansas State

 

 

Feel free to mention others if you wish, but I left out the mid-majors because until one of them wins a title, I can't consider them serious threats to anything more than a feel good final four berth.

  • Replies 48
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

Well, I'll start and undoubtedly make somebody mad...

 

Tennessee - Pretender

Wisconsin - Pretender

Texas - Contender

Duke - Pretender

Georgetown - Contender

Stanford - Pretender

Louisville - Contender

UConn - Contender

Michigan State - Pretender

Indiana - Pretender

 

Kansas State - I lean toward pretender, but I keep having visions of Carmelo Anthony...

Well, I'll start and undoubtedly make somebody mad...

 

Tennessee - Pretender

Wisconsin - Pretender

Texas - Contender

Duke - Pretender

Georgetown - Contender

Stanford - Pretender

Louisville - Contender

UConn - Contender

Michigan State - Pretender

Indiana - Pretender

 

Kansas State - I lean toward pretender, but I keep having visions of Carmelo Anthony...

 

I agree with your list except UConn, even through they are hot, I don't think they're a contender.

Tennessee - Pretender

Wisconsin - Pretender

Texas - Contender

Duke - Contender

Georgetown - Pretender

Stanford - Contender

Louisville - Pretender

UConn - Contender

Michigan State - Pretender

Indiana - Pretender

I agree on all, but am torn on Stanford. I'll side with you for now because guard play tends to dominate the tournament...

Tennessee- Contender

Wisconsin- Pretender

Texas- Pretender

Duke- Pretender

Georgetown- Contender

Stanford- Pretender

Louisville- Contender

UConn- Pretender

Michigan State- Pretender

Indiana- Pretender

Kansas State- Pretender

Tennessee - contender

Wisconsin - Pretender

Texas - pretender

Duke - Pretender

Georgetown - pretender

Stanford - Pretender

Louisville - Contender

UConn - Contender

Michigan State - Pretender

Indiana - Contender

Kansas State - I will say pretender, even though I really do think they might end up being a contender

guard play tends to dominate the tournament...

:thumb:

I agree on all, but am torn on Stanford. I'll side with you for now because guard play tends to dominate the tournament...

 

I'm kind of torn on Michigan State. I'll tell you more after they play OSU in the Big Ten tourney...

I'm kind of torn on Michigan State. I'll tell you more after they play OSU in the Big Ten tourney...
Check out every single game MSU has played against a tough team this season aside from IU, they laid an egg in almost every single one.

 

PRETENDER!

 

UCLA - 68-63 L

Texas - 78-72 W the 1 other good win

Lost to Penn State by 9

Lost to Purdue by 6

Lost to Indiana by 19

Lost to Wisconsin by 15

Lost to Ohio State by 9

Check out every single game MSU has played against a tough team this season aside from IU, they laid an egg in almost every single one.

 

PRETENDER!

 

UCLA - 68-63 L

Texas - 78-72 W the 1 other good win

Lost to Penn State by 9

Lost to Purdue by 6

Lost to Indiana by 19

Lost to Wisconsin by 15

Lost to Ohio State by 9

 

 

Good point...Pretender for sure now...

The draw will be real important but here's my guess.

 

Tennessee - Pretender

Wisconsin - Contender

Texas - Contender

Duke - Contender

Georgetown - Pretender

Stanford - Pretender

Louisville - Contender

UConn - Pretender

Michigan State - Pretender

Indiana - Pretender

Kansas State - Pretender

  • Author
I agree on all, but am torn on Stanford. I'll side with you for now because guard play tends to dominate the tournament...

 

The two toughest for me were Stanford and UConn...Stanford has been pretty solid this year, but the guard play you referenced is why I didn't list them as a contender. I'm not completely sold. I'm iffy on UConn as well, but I still like them enough to give them a shot.

 

I took an extra look at Texas, but I like their guard play and they've been pretty solid all year with some good wins.

 

I agree with 98 on Michigan State. I was never really sold on Indiana as a real contender, but the loss of Sampson and the way they've played since sealed it for me.

I think it was HUGE for the Hoyas to get Chris Wright back today. They are for sure a contender with his presence...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.