Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Contender or Pretender

Featured Replies

  • Author
I think it was HUGE for the Hoyas to get Chris Wright back today. They are for sure a contender with his presence...

 

I like their style...I think it bodes well for tournament play. Plus, they have a nice balance with Hibbert inside and decent guard play.

 

That's not to say some of these other teams couldn't get hot and ride the wave to the title, but I think it's unlikely. All the teams I listed as pretenders just seem to be missing something, IMO.

 

Had Sampson stayed on, I might have put Indiana in the contender mix...I'm not sure. But, they've looked out of sorts since he resigned. But, a team with their makeup is the type of team that could ride a hot streak to a title, IMO...they know what White will give, so if Gordon were to play great and the supporting cast took care of business...I'd call them a dark horse. But, they've got to get it together.

  • Replies 48
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tennessee - Contender

Wisconsin - Pretender

Texas- Contender

Duke - Contender

Georgetown - Pretender

Stanford - Contender

Louisville - Contender

UConn - Contender

Michigan State - Pretender

Indiana - Pretender

Kansas State - Pretender

Georgetown - Pretender

Louisville - Contender

UConn - Contender

 

Now there's some irony...

  • Author
Now there's some irony...

 

:lol:

  • Author
I agree on all, but am torn on Stanford. I'll side with you for now because guard play tends to dominate the tournament...

 

Any other teams you feel are worth mentioning besides the ones I already did? I scanned the top 25...most of the ones I left out I didn't see the need to bother with...teams like Vandy. What about Notre Dame? I'll be honest and say I know next to nothing about them. I figured since I hadn't heard too much, they probably weren't considered a legit contender by most.

 

How good are they?

How good are they?

 

They are great at home. But since they won't be playing there any more.........

Any other teams you feel are worth mentioning besides the ones I already did? I scanned the top 25...most of the ones I left out I didn't see the need to bother with...teams like Vandy. What about Notre Dame? I'll be honest and say I know next to nothing about them. I figured since I hadn't heard too much, they probably weren't considered a legit contender by most.

 

How good are they?

 

I'm assuming you consider UNC, UCLA, Kansas, and Memphis to be no brainers as contenders.

Now there's some irony...

 

 

I know Gtown beat them both but imo Lville and Uconn will make a deeper run.

I know Gtown beat them both but imo Lville and Uconn will make a deeper run.

I think you'll be very surprised how much better they will be with Wright back playing...

Gtown was pretty impressive today while UL is struggling right now.

Tennessee- Contender

Wisconsin- Pretender (I do not think that they have got what it takes to beat the top teams)

Texas- Contender

Duke- Pretender (relies on the 3 way too much.)

Georgetown- Pretender

Stanford- Contender

Louisville- Pontender (sleeper pick for many)

UConn- Pretender (very young)

Michigan State- Contender

Indiana- Contender

Kansas State- Pretender (only has 2 good players, the others can not score really at all.)

 

Dark Horses for me...

UK- They are one of the hottest teams in the country.

Xavier- They are really good and overlooked.

Davidson- I watched this team, and they can play.

UConn doesn't have a single freshman that sees clock. I wouldn't call them young...

UConn doesn't have a single freshman that sees clock. I wouldn't call them young...

 

Do they have very many seniors that play? Because if not, that is what I call young.

Do they have very many seniors that play? Because if not, that is what I call young.

 

Their leaders are 3 year JRs and the SOPHs are very talented and have played a lot over the last two years. In today's game, they are not a "young" team...

Tennessee- Contender

Wisconsin- Pretender (I do not think that they have got what it takes to beat the top teams)

Texas- Contender

Duke- Pretender (relies on the 3 way too much.)

Georgetown- Pretender

Stanford- Contender

Louisville- Pontender (sleeper pick for many)

UConn- Pretender (very young)

Michigan State- Contender

Indiana- Contender

Kansas State- Pretender (only has 2 good players, the others can not score really at all.)

 

Dark Horses for me...

UK- They are one of the hottest teams in the country.

Xavier- They are really good and overlooked.

Davidson- I watched this team, and they can play.

 

Wisconsin beat Indiana twice, beat Michigan State the one time they played them, and beat Texas @ Texas. I'm not understanding how you can call those three teams contenders and Wisconsin a pretender.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.