Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All-SEC Teams Announced

Featured Replies

Congrats to Ramel, Joe, Patrick and Billy G. on these accomplishments. Now, let's win the SEC tournament and turn Atlanta back into Cat-lanta.

 

:thumb::thumb:

After 4 years of discussion, suspensions, thread closings, and craziness over Tubby snubbing Chris Lofton in favor of Ramel Bradley... We take a look and both are on the SEC's all conference first team. As Darth Vadar says, the circle is now complete :thumb:

 

:thumb:

Congrats to all on the list. Foster was well deserving of POY. The coach could have either way. I'm not a real fan of having co anything.

Congrats to all on the list. Foster was well deserving of POY. The coach could have either way. I'm not a real fan of having co anything.

 

My congrats to all on the list as well. Foster definitely deserved POY. As for the coach, I agree with you - I don't think this should have been a joint award. From my previous posts, I'm obviously a Vol fan, but speaking objectively (and it's take me a lot of years to get where I can do this) I believe BCG should have been the COY. He started with a plain and simple mess and turned it around in an honorable and successful fashion. Coach Pearl has done a great job as well, but he only accomplished what was expected of him at the start of the season. Some would say that KY was picked to finish second in the SEC (by some of the media types anyway) at the start of the season. There's no real need to re-hash the month of December, but you can count me in the group that admires what Coach Gillespie has done this season. The SEC should be a highly competitive conference for the next few years due to all of the coaches in our conference.

I am proud of these players. At the first of the season noone predicted this. These players have worked hard, adjusted and been successful in BCG's system. Congrats and thanks guys for the season.

After 4 years of discussion, suspensions, thread closings, and craziness over Tubby snubbing Chris Lofton in favor of Ramel Bradley... We take a look and both are on the SEC's all conference first team. As Darth Vadar says, the circle is now complete :thumb:

 

:thumb: I know I have always been a fan of Bradley. IMO it was Sparks transferring here, that really stopped Lofton from getting to come here. If Sparks never transferred here, I think we would have also seen Lofton in that class as well.

:thumb: I know I have always been a fan of Bradley. IMO it was Sparks transferring here, that really stopped Lofton from getting to come here. If Sparks never transferred here, I think we would have also seen Lofton in that class as well.

 

If I am not mistaken Morris took the last scholarship. Sparks had already transferred before Loftons Senior year. so there was still 4 scholarships. I was thinking that Ramel verballed before the other three McD players did. I thought the order was like this Ramel, Joe, Rondo, and Morris. Someone please correct me if I am wrong. Its be a while.

If I am not mistaken Morris took the last scholarship. Sparks had already transferred before Loftons Senior year. so there was still 4 scholarships. I was thinking that Ramel verballed before the other three McD players did. I thought the order was like this Ramel, Joe, Rondo, and Morris. Someone please correct me if I am wrong. Its be a while.

 

That was the order. Sparks was here as a walk on the year before. He was put on scholarship the year that Ramel and Co. came in. Ramel was the first to commit, and therefore had nothing to do with Lofton.

That was the order. Sparks was here as a walk on the year before. He was put on scholarship the year that Ramel and Co. came in. Ramel was the first to commit, and therefore had nothing to do with Lofton.

 

So Rondo the last guard in took Loftons scholarship? I guess we could claim that Joe took the 2 guard scolly from Lofton also.

The one thing I do know is that I am glad we have Bradley at this point and time over Chris(and I am a big Lofton supporter since his days at MC). Chris could not do the same things that Bradley does for this UK team. I am happy that both of them made the 1st team.

This thread is getting off topic, but I'm pretty sure that if Lofton would have come to UK he wouldn't be near the player he is today. I really can't see Tubby giving Chris to take the shots he takes at Tenn.

This thread is getting off topic, but I'm pretty sure that if Lofton would have come to UK he wouldn't be near the player he is today. I really can't see Tubby giving Chris to take the shots he takes at Tenn.

 

You are probably right. Chris went to a school where he started from day one and would have not started at UK at day one, imo. Chris was pretty much the man at TN for three years until this season and now he has help. He would have not be the all time leader in the SEC in 3 point shooting playing for UK, JMHO.

That goes back to something Pearl said relating to this year for them. He said that they dont need Lofton to take a contested 25 footer like they used to with the team they have this year. It would have been much the same at UK for him. I think Lofton would have gotten some good minutes at UK, but he wouldnt have become a lot of things he has become at UT. His fans should be glad he ended up where he did, instead of dogging UK about it.

I'm pumped for the tourney, I just really wish Patterson could play.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.