• Carly Smithson (Eliminated)
    • Amanda Overmyer (Eliminated)
    • Syesha Mercado (Eliminated)
    • Ramiele Malubay (Eliminated)
    • Michael Johns (Eliminated)
    • David Hernandez (Eliminated)
    • Chikezie Eze (Eliminated)
    • Kristy Lee Cook (Eliminated)
    • ***David Cook*** (Your American Idol!)
    • Jason Castro (Eliminated)
    • David Archuleta (Eliminated)

David Archuleta: His soaring vocals and gawky teen appeal combo makes him the one to beat.

•Jason Castro: A sleepy-looking sleeper with a supple folkie style.

•David Cook: Also-ran became front-runner this week when his Lionel Richie cover had the crowd at Hello.

•Kristy Lee Cook: Hasn't sung well yet but country twang may give her a secure niche for a few weeks.

•Chikezie Eze: Ruben Studdard-type style may be passé these days.

•David Hernandez: Impressive, imaginative singer may be able to weather controversy and reach the top half.

•Michael Johns: Early favorite seems to be coasting; needs to re-establish his early soulfulness.

•Ramiele Malubay: This year's Paris Bennett-type cute kid with a big voice needs to pick up the pace.

•Syesha Mercado: Strong vocal chops but may be too much of a generic soul diva to reach the top.

•Amanda Overmyer: The designated "rock chick" will fizzle on non-rock theme nights.

•Carly Smithson: Sings like a polished professional (and was one) — a top three contender.

•Brooke White: Underdog has cleverly gone against the diva grain and could stick around quite awhile.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2008-03-06-idol-finalists_N.htm

Who is your choice to win it all?

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David Archuletta is the man to beat. However I liked David Hernandez on ONE song and SOMETIMES I like Michael Johns. Michael Johns has a unique voice that will either help him or hurt him. On some songs he is good, some he is bad.

David Cook is drawing a cult of fans, so that will help him. I think he is WAAAAAAYYYYY too cocky. You can see the extreme confidence on his face. I can't wait for the day that he has to sit that guitar down and do a soft vocal. Chris Daughtry proved that he could do it, lets see if David Cook can.

I can't stand the Archeletta kid. Can't stand him. Quit with the fake smiling all the time.

I like Brooke Smith but don't think she will have the big appeal.

Carly Smithson could win it. David Cook and Michael Irons have shots but they need to bring it the next few weeks.

Syesha has the talent and the looks but the cocky attitude will turn voters off.

I can't stand the Archeletta kid. Can't stand him. Quit with the fake smiling all the time.

I agree with you somewhat. Everyone knows that his act is fake. Conversely, he IS the BEST singer in the competition, bar none. When he is at his best he is unbeatable by anyone in the top 12. The other contestants have to hope and pray that his fans don't vote for him because they think he will be safe (ex. Chris Daughtry, Tamyra Gray, George Huff, etc...)

I still like several at this time. Carly, Brooke, Michael, and David H. I think David A is a great singer, but I agree that he seems to be putting on a bit. I mean, he's already had a contract (like some of the others) so you know he's been there and knows that he is good. Just seems fake to me.

I also still like Jason C. and David C. some, too. Should be an interesting show since there are several I think could win!