Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

After the Florida game...

Featured Replies

  • Replies 31
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wish I could've been there, it would've been great to see.

I was there, the only game for me this year, and I picked a good one. Senior Day is always special, and to beat Florida was..:dancingpa

 

Some guy behind me kept hollering "FOOTBALL HEAD"!!!, everytime Calathes got the ball. :lol: And the guy dancing in the isle was a fun moment too. The giant screens featured him and his routine. The guy sitting next to me said he dances in the isle at every game. He certainly has a lot of spirit.:thumb:

This was by far the the most entertaining Sr. Day that I have ever been to! Before the game they showed a message on the big screens from Randolph Morris to Joe and Ramel. Then Rondo was there and presented the framed jerseys to the seniors. He turned to walk away when they started singing "My Old KY Home" and BCG pulled him back over to the line. Kind of like a "you're still a part of this" gesture. Which I thought was cool. Rupp Arena was ROCKING during the whole game! And I'm sorry, but I have read threads on here knocking Rupp Arena, complaining about bad seats, etc. I don't care where you are sitting, if you are a true UK basketball fan, there is nothing in this world that is better than watching a game in Rupp Arena!!! After the game, seeing the seniors embracing each other, then BCG hugging them both. It was awesome! 15 minutes after the horn sounded, 3/4 of the Rupp Arena crowd was still inside cheering. The final playing of "My Old KY Home" gave me chills. Then BCG gets on the microphone and addresses the crowd. He has won over the hearts of his players and every fan across the bluegrass! The best part was the guys "dancing" in a circle. Why were they dancing, you ask? Because they are going to the BIG DANCE (NCAA Tournament) with that win!!! It was awesome and a game that I will never forget!:thumb::thumb:
Sounds awesome...thanks for sharing.

 

I disagree on the seats at Rupp though...there are a LOT of bad seats in Rupp.

It was awesome to see the post game events..... BCG is a down right good guy and heck of a basketball coach. UK def got the best Billy! Also I have been one to slam Joe Crawford and admit it.... He had so much talent coming in, and I didn't think he got the best of it. I will admit today was pretty tough b/c I realized I am going to miss Crawford more then I thought! His new attitude toward basketball and his teammates has won me over! Congrats to RB and JC for sticking in there and helping BCG bring this team around! GO CATS!

Great thread and posts guys.

A little too much partying Saturday night caused me to miss the pregame festivities. It was a great game to be at though...

I got to listen to all of this on the radio and it sounded as amazing as you all describe it. Looking at the photos on Ukathletics.com was very nice also!

Yes, it does seem that eventhough its been a rough year we are more into it and more together than in years past.

 

Agreed!:jump:

What was that stat they showed 83-5 on senior day?

 

Kentucky's record on Senior Day.

Kentucky's record on Senior Day.

 

If I remember correctly it used to be better than that. UK went from '64 to '97 without losing on Senior Day. Then they lost to South Carolina and I recall how stunned everyone was because it just hadn't happened in many lifetimes.

If I remember correctly it used to be better than that. UK went from '64 to '97 without losing on Senior Day. Then they lost to South Carolina and I recall how stunned everyone was because it just hadn't happened in many lifetimes.

 

I remember that game. Watson put on a show at PG for the Gamecocks. He single handidly was able to handle the UK full-court pressure.

KSR posted a video of what was said after the game.

 

KSR?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.