March 9, 200818 yr With fans still in the stands after singing "My Old Kentucky Home" and the team still on the court, BCG took the PA mic and addressed the crowd. He was clearly choked up and thanked everyone for the support and then turned the mic over to Ramel and Joe, who then addressed the crowd and thanked them for the memories and support. I thought this was interesting. Never before do I remember this happening after a Senior Day game. Just goes to show how much of a family this team is and why we can expect great things from the Wildcats in the not-so-distant future.
March 9, 200818 yr Yes, it does seem that eventhough its been a rough year we are more into it and more together than in years past.
March 9, 200818 yr Success by persevering has built character and instilled pride in this team and the fanbase. Its been fun to watch.
March 9, 200818 yr Success by persevering has built character and instilled pride in this team and the fanbase. Its been fun to watch. :thumb:
March 9, 200818 yr I wish this was Ramel and Joe's freshman year. BG could have done wonders with them for 4 years.
March 9, 200818 yr Billy G isnt so tough after all. It shows his players how much he really "loves" them and cares about their well being. This was a very classy move on his part and on the fans part. Great job to both Smooth and Crawford!
March 9, 200818 yr Wish I could've been there, it would've been great to see. :thumb: Ditto! "My Old Kentucky Home" on U.K.'s Senior day always gets to me and I didn't know about this after the game. Great to hear this. Hopefully WKYT news will show it. Thanks for the thread UKPat.
March 9, 200818 yr What happened after the game with all of that, and just seeing how excited everyone was. Was just AMAZING! Also the pregame ceremonies with having Morris say something on the big screen, and Rondo actually there was awesome!
March 9, 200818 yr I made the trip to Lexington for this one. I'm gald I did. It was my first senior day at UK. The pre game ceremonies were great. Im so glad we got this win, not only for our NCAA hopes, but for Ramel and Joe. Rondo being there and the message from Morris was awesome. This team plays with a lot of Unity. It's amazing they are able to do that with all of them hating the coach so much:rolleyes:
March 9, 200818 yr This was by far the the most entertaining Sr. Day that I have ever been to! Before the game they showed a message on the big screens from Randolph Morris to Joe and Ramel. Then Rondo was there and presented the framed jerseys to the seniors. He turned to walk away when they started singing "My Old KY Home" and BCG pulled him back over to the line. Kind of like a "you're still a part of this" gesture. Which I thought was cool. Rupp Arena was ROCKING during the whole game! And I'm sorry, but I have read threads on here knocking Rupp Arena, complaining about bad seats, etc. I don't care where you are sitting, if you are a true UK basketball fan, there is nothing in this world that is better than watching a game in Rupp Arena!!! After the game, seeing the seniors embracing each other, then BCG hugging them both. It was awesome! 15 minutes after the horn sounded, 3/4 of the Rupp Arena crowd was still inside cheering. The final playing of "My Old KY Home" gave me chills. Then BCG gets on the microphone and addresses the crowd. He has won over the hearts of his players and every fan across the bluegrass! The best part was the guys "dancing" in a circle. Why were they dancing, you ask? Because they are going to the BIG DANCE (NCAA Tournament) with that win!!! It was awesome and a game that I will never forget!:thumb::thumb:
March 9, 200818 yr This was by far the the most entertaining Sr. Day that I have ever been to! Before the game they showed a message on the big screens from Randolph Morris to Joe and Ramel. Then Rondo was there and presented the framed jerseys to the seniors. He turned to walk away when they started singing "My Old KY Home" and BCG pulled him back over to the line. Kind of like a "you're still a part of this" gesture. Which I thought was cool. Rupp Arena was ROCKING during the whole game! And I'm sorry, but I have read threads on here knocking Rupp Arena, complaining about bad seats, etc. I don't care where you are sitting, if you are a true UK basketball fan, there is nothing in this world that is better than watching a game in Rupp Arena!!! After the game, seeing the seniors embracing each other, then BCG hugging them both. It was awesome! 15 minutes after the horn sounded, 3/4 of the Rupp Arena crowd was still inside cheering. The final playing of "My Old KY Home" gave me chills. Then BCG gets on the microphone and addresses the crowd. He has won over the hearts of his players and every fan across the bluegrass! The best part was the guys "dancing" in a circle. Why were they dancing, you ask? Because they are going to the BIG DANCE (NCAA Tournament) with that win!!! It was awesome and a game that I will never forget!:thumb::thumb: Wow! Thanks for sharing that and I'm glad you got to see it!:thumb:
March 9, 200818 yr Wow! Thanks for sharing that and I'm glad you got to see it!:thumb: Awesome is the only word that can be used to describe it!
March 10, 200818 yr I don't remember the announcers mentioning rondo being there...cool to hear! He walked out with one of the jerseys I think...it was cool.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.