9th Region Awards

Sorrell is POY... why does everyone hate on him? He would do what he did on any team he is the all around best player in NKY and possibly the best shooter in the state...

I don't hate on this kid at all. I think he very good. But what hurts him is play at Holy Cross. Not his fault at all. He is the stud. He is the offense. He is the rebounder. Holy Cross would have been just as good as Villa this year if Sorrell isn't on that team.

He makes everyone better and is one of the best. But is Holy Cross playing still? No. Is Highlands? Is Holmes? This just help give McGraw and Henderson the nod, in my opinion.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Holmes is because they got an easy 1st round game. HC plays in the toughest district around Highlands had a walk through the park. Sorrell came to play every night you had to stop him from getting 50 because he was gonna get his 30

But is Holy Cross playing still? No. Is Highlands? Is Holmes? This just help give McGraw and Henderson the nod, in my opinion.

I would 100% disagree with your logic. Holy Cross would not be playing today if you switched either McGraw or Arrez for Cory. That wouldn't make me think less of them as a player.

Anyone think Mitch Shover could win Most Improved? Granted, those who knew him knew that he had that the talent, but he went from strictly JV player to a big time player on one of the 9th's best teams. He has also improved greatly down the last few weeks here, where it really counts.

Anyone think Mitch Shover could win Most Improved? Granted, those who knew him knew that he had that the talent, but he went from strictly JV player to a big time player on one of the 9th's best teams. He has also improved greatly down the last few weeks here, where it really counts.

Shover could win Most Improved. I agree

I didn't include him because , like many, I knew he could play so I am not surprised.

Best Performance- Jeremy Conner 10 3's in a game. Austin Kessen's 10 3 pters in a game. Sorrell and his 40+ scoring performances.

Coach of the Year- Dave Faust- taking an overachieving bunch to the 9th Region tourney and could get to finals.

Most Underrated- Thomas- Conner He turned it on late in the year and sounds like a gamer.

Most Surprising PlayerTie- Ricardo Johnson or Stephen Kowolonek. Both Sophomores and both could vie for POY in the 9th Region when they are SR's. Rico's ability to elevate and get to the hole is the best I have seen this year. Kowolonek finds the goal and has deceptive leaping ability.

Player of the Year Greg McGraw- although premature he has overcome major obstacles and if you have seen him live you will concur. Ability to drop 3-balls from wherever, take you to the goal and score and can defend with the best of them. Oh, I forgot his passing abilities may be his best quality.

Best Defender I will give it to Arrez simply for his performance in last year's state tourney.

Mr. Hustle- Grant Pangallo- never quits and goes hard the whole game.

Most Improved- Mitch Shover- stepped up when Bondick went down and is a great shooter and ballhandler.

Is McGraw left-handed? If you watch him pass, the left hand is his dominant hand yet he shoots with his right hand.

I believe he is lefthanded or maybe ambidextrous.

On a side note- Its beautiful out there today. Just thought I would let all the office workers know. :mad:

Holmes is because they got an easy 1st round game. HC plays in the toughest district around Highlands had a walk through the park. Sorrell came to play every night you had to stop him from getting 50 because he was gonna get his 30

Holmes is still playing because they got an easy first round game but yet they beat CCH both times they played them this year, AND beat Highlands? And I guess their 28-2 record is because they played cupcakes all year... seriously your lack of knowledge when it comes to basketball doesn't surprise me after this comment.

Doesn't Holmes play in that same toughest district around and went undefeated in it? Just checking. Oh and how many did Sorrell have against Holmes? Seriously Sorrell is a great player but he will be watching the tournament from the stands this year.

Henderson or Mcgraw will get POY depending on who wins region.

Gotta go with David Henley as COY. Lost Hlll, Rice, and Jefferson from a Final 4 team and then goes 28-2 with only 1 loss in the 9th Region. I doubt seriously anyone was expecting that kind of season.

I would have expected a few more losses, but am not surprised that they have been #1 the whole year up here. It didn't hurt that they got in a few transfers as well as having back one of the best in Henderson. Also, they have had a few other players step up finally being given the chance to play big time minutes. No knock on the coach, just not extremely surprised by this team being the favorite.