Pearl's post game comment...Wow!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say "coach-speak". " Because I won, it won't hurt anything to say this and look good the whole way around". I challenge my player a little and throw a consolitary bone to UK. Pearl is a spinner, folks, so don't read much into it.

"Some of the Kentucky players really stepped up today. Ramel Bradley showed why Kentucky took him rather than Chris Lofton."

Don't know the exact context in which this was given in the postgame, but how do you take this?

Motivation for Lofton?

Compliments for Bradley?

Both.

Beating a dead horse here, again. But in all honesty, I'm glad that Bradley is the guy that UK got. Put Lofton on this UK team, minus Bradley, and you wouldn't even be able to get the ball past half court!

Beating a dead horse here, again. But in all honesty, I'm glad that Bradley is the guy that UK got. Put Lofton on this UK team, minus Bradley, and you wouldn't even be able to get the ball past half court!

The person that really cost us from getting Lofton is Patrick Sparks. Everyone talks about the 2004 recruiting class. However if people remember that year is also the year Sparks started playing for us. If he had never transfered here to UK, then we would have had one more scholarship open, and could have used it to bring in a shooter like Lofton.

Yeah, but I will take Sparks heroics and yelling at Billy Packer over Lofton 8 days a week. :lol:

:thumb:That was awesome. However he wouldn't even had to make that crazy 3 pointer at the buzzer, if he would have just made those dang free throws. :mad: Also we would have had Lofton for 4 years, instead of just 2 years with Sparks.

I'll be glad when Lofton is out of school maybe we can move on. With some of those stupid shots he took down the strech the UK faithful would be calling for his scholly if not before now. He's had a great career at UT and if he gets the chance I hope he does well in the NBA. He's a Kentucky kid that didn't play at UK he's not the first and believe me he won't be the last. Lets move on people. Its been years now.